OptinMonster is a lead generation solution that converts visitors into subscribers and customers with our signature popup and optin forms.
|Author:||OptinMonster Team (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-04-2015|
|Total downloads:||6 107 711|
|Active installs:||600 000+|
Click to start download
- Install OptinMonster either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate OptinMonster.
- Navigate to the OptinMonster tab at the bottom of your admin menu and enter your OptinMonster API Username and API Key to connect your OptinMonster account to your WordPress site.
- Click on the Campaigns tab and configure the output settings for each campaign you have created in your OptinMonster account.
I downloaded this plugin but don’t have an OptinMonster account. How can I get one?
You can sign up for an OptinMonster account by visiting our Pricing page and choosing the account that best suits your needs.
- Updated the API url to reflect the new endpoint.
- Fixed an issue that prevented campaigns from showing on some custom taxonomy terms.
- Performance improvements when retrieving, and determining when to display, campaigns.
- All URLs updated to use HTTPS.
- Updated notifications.
- Fixed issue where campaigns of an “advanced age” may not work in the plugin.
- Fixed missing files in WordPress.org repository.
- Is it “campaign”? Or “optin”? No, it’s definitely “campaign”.
- OptinMonster now works with the shiny new MailPoet 3.
- We’re feeling a little lighter after removing some deprecated code.
- Updated API calls to always be done over HTTPS.
- Updated error responses from the OptinMonster API to be more informative.
- Added additional checks during save routines for user capabilities.
- Added additional support for WooCommerce display settings.
- Updated language for legacy migrations.
- Fixed a multisite activation issue.
- Updated version numbers to prevent possible asset caching errors.
- Fixed possible undefined errors for API credentials.
- Updated the API script domain for adblock.
- Added new authentication method for the new OptinMonster REST API.
- Fixed undefined index errors when API responses returned an error.
- General plugin enhancements and bug fixes.
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.7.
- Added the async attribute to the OptinMonster API script output for improved performance.
- Fixed a bug that caused the debugging report to not properly grab shortcodes.
- Added helper to remove faulty admin scripts from the OptinMonster settings area that would cause things to fail in some cases.
- Fixed bug that caused the MailPoet integration to fail in some scenarios.
- Improved checks for when to output and localize the OptinMonster API script.
- Fixed bug that caused people to have to define two constants to set the OptinMonster license key in config files.
- Fixed bug that redirected people already using the plugin to the Welcome screen on update.
- Fixed bug that caused issues with viewing the Welcome screen.
- Fixed issue with notices appearing oddly on OM screens.
- Updated support video.
- Fixed bug with post category selections causing campaigns to load globally.
- Improved welcome screen for new installs.
- Bug fixes and enhancements.
- Campaigns will now load on the archive pages of individual taxonomies (if selected) by default.
- Clarified language regarding how the “load exclusively on” and “never load optin on” settings work.
- Removed after post optins from RSS feeds.
- Removed the test mode setting in favor of using the “show only to logged-in users” setting for testing campaign output.
- When going live, campaigns will load globally by default unless other advanced output settings are specified.
- Automatically adding an after post optin after a post is now checked on by default for new after post campaigns.
- Added a new “Support” tab with a helpful video, links to documentation and ability to send support details when submitting a ticket.
- Migration tab is now only shown if the old plugin exists on the site.
- Added helpful tooltips in various areas of the admin.
- Moved all advanced output rules into a toggle field to make working with output settings easier.
- Fixed the clear local cookies function (it actually works now!).
- Removed the confusing Delete button – campaigns should be deleted from the app.
- Added an inline shortcode “copy to clipboard” button for after post campaigns.
- Improved shortcode processing – it is now automated (no longer need to enter in a setting) and supports non self-closing shortcodes!
- Improved individual campaign action links by always making them visible.
- Updated compatibility for WordPress 4.6.
- Removed shortcode ajax method that could possibly be exploited by other plugins to run malicious shortcode.
- Added new feature to allow reviews to be given for OptinMonster.
- Allow API credentials to be force resaved to clean out stale messages about accounts being expired or invalid.
- Fixed API script getting cached by CloudFlare Rocket Loader.
- Fixed omhide=true conflicting with MonsterLinks in some cases.
- Fixed pre 4.1 installs getting incorrect API ID.
- Updated Readme so OptinMonster App and account requirement is clearly stated.
- Added Welcome page on first install.
- Updated error messages.
- Updated debug code for better error handling.
- Added No-Cache headers on API requests.
- Fixed bug with adblock.
- Added new API script with easier updates.
- Fixed conflict with jQuery and Modernizr when the optin object was not set properly.
- Fixed bug with canvas slide-in not being able to be closed.
- Fixed issue with contact forms not displaying properly in optins. See this doc on how to update shortcode support in your optins.
- Fixed possible issue with sending empty names that caused bugs with provider integrations.
- Fixed JS error with analytics if GA was not yet defined.
- Fixed bug with analytics tracking causing user sessions to be skewed.
- Fixed bug with fullscreen optins and mobile optins conflicting.
- Mobile optins now work for both mobile and tablet devices. Desktop optins work exclusively for desktop.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed bug where fullscreen wouldn’t work on mobile if exit intent setting was checked.
- Fixed bug with analytics not tracking if multiple spaces were contained in a campaign name.
- Fixed bug with clearing local cookies not working in some instances.
- Fixed bug where shortcode would not parse for optins inserted via widget, shortcode or template tag.
- Fixed bug where Mailpoet helper would not output for optins inserted via widget, shortcode or template tag.
- Fixed issues revolving around split tests not loading properly for mobile devices.
- Fixed bug with freezing and not working in IE10/11.
- Fixed erroneous alert on screen.
- Fixed bug with lightbox and mobile optins in API script.
- Fixed bug with GA not tracking data.
- Added 13 new mobile themes!
- Fixed bug with cookies and split tests.
- Fixed bug with allowing split tests to be made primary.
- Added support for a new optin type – fullscreen optins!
- Fixed a bug with embedded HubSpot forms.
- Fixed bug where dropdown options would not show on Safari for post targeting.
- Fixed issue with API script not grabbing checkbox and radio fields properly inside an optin.
- Fixed issue for defining API url with function before filters can be applied to it.
- Fixed display error when multiple taxonomy terms were selected for an optin.
- Added selection of scheduled posts in optin output settings.
- Added option to move floating bar to top of the page. No custom CSS needed!
- Added option for a privacy statement below optin form.
- Added option to exclude by page slug
- Shortcode parsing now available for all optin types.
- Various bug fixes
- Added ability to pause parent campaigns from the app.
- Fixed bug that caused paused split tests to continue to run.
- Fixed bug with passing optin data to a redirect URL with query args.
- Added ability to submit lightbox optin forms with the enter button.
- Fixed bug that caused site verification to fail.
- Added support for assigning multiple domains to a single optin.
- Added unique optin slug on Overview screen to make life easier.
- Fixed fixed bug with bounce rate in GA.
- Fixed focus bug.
- Fixed analytics bug that caused bounce rates to go whacky in GA.
- Fixed “powered by” link placement when using display effects.
- Added focus effect for input fields when an optin is loaded.
- Clear out global cookie when clearing local cookies.
- Fixed bug with not loading in IE7-9.
- Fixed bug with placeholder shims not working in IE7-9.
- Fixed bug with GA clashes when using multiple tracking scripts on a page.
- Fixed bug with possible duplicate submissions in some configurations.
- Added enhanced conversion tracking with GA.
- Added a dedicated edit output settings link for each optin.
- Fixed bug with passing lead data to redirect URLs.
- Added improved UX by being able to create and edit optins from the plugin itself.
- Fixed another error with plugin update deploy.
- Fixed error with deploy.
- Fixed bug with API script.
- The “Go Live” link now enables an optin and sets the global/automatic loading setting as well.
- Fixed bug with not being able to uncheck clearing local cookies on optin save.
- Added extra XSS security checks with
- Added version number beside plugin header title for easy version checking.
- Fixed bug with exclusive/never settings not showing previously selected pages.
- Fixed bug with API script and loading social services for specific popup types.
- Removed unused updater class reference and code.
- Fix error with loading old API script.
- Initial release.