Customisable notifications with API for custom triggers
|Author:||BracketSpace (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-12-2011|
|Total downloads:||27 703|
|Active installs:||3 000+|
Click to start download
How is this plugin different from Better Notifications for WordPress (BNFW)?
The Notification plugin works very similar to BNFW but it has better codebase and interface. You can read the full comparison in the Notification vs Better Notifications for WordPress article.
Why I’m not receiving any emails?
Is your WordPress sending any emails at all? The best way to test it is to try to reset your password. If you don’t get any email than there’s something wrong with your server configuration. You could use any SMTP plugin to fix that.
You can also try to activate the debug log in plugin settings to see if the email is triggered.
Is this plugin for regular users?
Ofcourse it is! We are trying to make both parties happy – the Users and Developers. Users got their intuitive and beautiful panel in WordPress Admin and Developers got an awesome API by which they can extend the Notification plugin.
So it doesn’t matter if you don’t have any coding skills, they are not required to setup the notifications with this plugin.
How to register my own triggers?
register_trigger() function. See the detailed guide
How to include a custom field in the notification?
How to target only specific post / category / user etc?
You can control when exactly the notification is sending with the Conditionals extension.
Can I bundle the plugin with my plugin or theme?
Yes, you can. See the detailed guide
Is this plugin capable of sending high volume emails?
The plugin is capable and it can send milions of emails, but probably your server is not. To send thousands of emails at once we’d suggest using SendGrid or Mailgun extensions which were designed to support high volume emails in a single API call.
When using SMTP it’s nearly impossible to send more than a dozen emails at once due to timeouts.
Can I test my notifications before sending?
Yes, just activate the debug log in the DEBUGGING section of the plugin settings. All notifications will be catched into log visible only to you.
- [Fixed] Double post notification called for post revisions.
- [Fixed] Wrong
wordpresssetting slug caused the option to not be saved.
- [Added] Initial unit tests.
- [Fixed] Comment replied trigger not called from wp-admin.
- [Changed] Added parent class for user triggers.
- [Changed] Added parent class for media triggers.
- [Changed] PHP requirement to 5.6.
- [Changed] Freemius updated to version 2.1.3.
- [Changed] Uninstallation logic moved to the Freemius handler.
- [Changed] Merge Tag validation now accepts empty values.
- [Changed] Post Trigger postponing to avoid looping.
- [Changed] Custom Fields postponing causing the loops, now it’s in a separate integration class.
- [Changed] Minimum WordPress version to 4.9.
- [Changed] Plugin autoload function.
- [Added] Global date, time and datetime merge tags for trigger execution date.
notification/scripts/allowed_hooksfilter to control where the scripts are loaded.
- [Added] Color Picker field.
- [Added] Image field.
- [Added] User role changed trigger.
- [Added] Post scheduled trigger.
- [Added] Comment datetime merge tag.
- [Added] Debug log.
- [Added] Plugin triggers.
- [Added] Theme triggers.
- [Added] Usage tracking. No data is tracked unless allowed.
- [Fixed] Comment type check causing the comment triggers failing.
- [Fixed] Postponing looping over itself.
- [Fixed] Fatal error with Triggers select on certain conditions.
- [Fixed] Date and Time merge tags giving values of 0.
- [Fixed] User password reset request being called upon registration.
- [Fixed] Timezone being ignored in some merge tags.
- [Fixed] When
Strip all shortcodessetting is disabled, the shortcodes are rendered.
- [Fixed] Coding Standards.
- [Fixed] Gutenberg JS Hooks conflict.
- [Fixed] Bug when recipient types has been changed.
- [Fixed] Every comment type being targeted in Comment trigger.
- [Fixed] Used failed login datetime merge tag.
remove_actionmetod in Trigger class.
- [Added] Option to allow unfiltered HTML in Email body, thanks to @martinellimarco.
- [Added] Post content HTML tag, for unfiltered output.
- [Added] Better JSON support for webhooks, if webhook is sent as JSON the default Content-Type header is added.
- [Added] Support for merge tags and shortcodes in Webhook recipient field.
- [Added] Disabled OP Cache requirement.
- [Fixed] Duplicated meta for active notification type.
- [Fixed] Post Title merge tag HTML entities, thanks to @freshjustin.
- [Fixed] Problem with disabling active notification types when switching notification status, thanks to @freshjustin.
- [Added] Notification duplicator to easly duplicate notifications.
notification/trigger/action/didaction in Trigger class.
get_post_typemethod for PostTrigger.
notification/load/default/priorityfilter for registering default things.
user_IPMerge Tag for User loged in Trigger.
- [Changed] Plugin initializes the default things on
- [Fixed] Post Updated Trigger postponing.
post_stickystatus Merge Tag only for Post.
- [Added] Email From Name and From Email settings.
- [Added] The story screen.
- [Changed] Merge Tag resolver is now set via
- [Changed] PHP version requirement to 5.3.9.
- [Fixed] Not existing post type.
- [Fixed] Merge tag values are cleaned when Trigger is executed second time in the same run.
- [Added] Post saved as a draft trigger.
notification_add_doc_hooksfunction for creating doc hooks handlers.
- [Added] Classes to Settings sections.
- [Added] Taxonomy term created trigger
- [Added] Taxonomy term updated trigger
- [Added] Taxonomy term deleted trigger
- [Added] User login failed trigger.
- [Added] User password reset request trigger.
- [Added] User password change trigger.
- [Fixed] User ID assignment in User deleted trigger, thanks to @Matthewnie.
- [Fixed] ACF postponed action bail.
- [Fixed] Field value filter name.
- [Fixed] Notices.
- [Fixed] Empty email body not being sent.
- [Fixed] Notification form attributes escaping.
- [Changed] Trigger
actionmethods has been unified with callback method parameters.
- [Changed] The Merge Tags are now resolved only while they are used.
- [Changed] Post Pending trigger to not send multiple emails when pending post is updated, thanks to @jdaniel.
- [Added] Dynamic property setting for Attachment merge tags.
- [Added] Better post updated messages while saving the Notification.
- [Added] Option to change Email MIME Type, now you can send HTML or Plain text.
- [Added] Filter for post statuses which controls when the “Updated” notification should be send.
- [Added] Notification Form fields value filter.
- [Added] Notification Form row class.
- [Added] Doc Hooks class for better actions and filters definitions.
- [Fixed] Post Terms merge tags not rendering the values, thanks to @stocker.
- [Changed] register_new_user action for User registered trigger to user_register.
- [Added] new_to_publish action for Post published trigger, thanks to @JBCSU.
- [Added] Post Added trigger.
- [Added] Comment replied trigger.
- [Fixed] Notice from PostTerms merge tags and from empty result.
- [Fixed] Cloning Notification object which used the same fields instances, thanks to @JohanHjalmarsson.
- [Fixed] Comment author display name bug, thanks to Aga Bury.
- [Fixed] Post Published and Post Pending trigger fired twice.
- [Fixed] Assets modification time as a cache buster.
- [Fixed] Missing translations.
- [Fixed] Notice thrown while saving email administrator recipient.
- [Added] Comment Post Type merge tag for Comment triggers.
- [Added] Comment moderation links for Comment triggers.
- [Added] HtmlTag merge tag type.
- [Added] WordPress updates available trigger.
- [Added] Post Type merge tag.
- [Added] More merge tags for comment triggers.
- [Fixed] Object class name error on PHP 7.2 when using paid extension.
- [Added] User password setup link for User registered trigger.
- [Added] Ability to encode Webhook args as a JSON
- [Added] Post status merge tag for Post triggers.
- [Changed] Recipient Free type email field now supports comma separated emails.
- [Changed] ACF integration postponed action for Post triggers has been changed to
save_postwhich makes it more universal.
- [Fixed] Pretty select in repeater is now rendered correctly while adding new row.
- [Fixed] User Registration Trigger action.
- [Fixed] ACF Postponing when there’s no data from ACF to save.
- [Fixed] Post object property name for Custom Post Types.
- [Added] Global Merge Tags which can be used in any Trigger. This includes Site title, Trigger name etc.
- [Added] Screen help.
- [Added] User Display Name Merge Tag.
- [Added] Post Terms Merge Tags.
- [Added] Ability to suppress the Notification just before it’s send.
- [Added] Freemius integration to better understand the users.
- [Added] Current Notification post ID property for Notifiation object.
- [Fixed] Posponed action callback.
- [Added] Support for NOTIFICATION_DEBUG constant. If it’s defined the cache for extensions is not applied.
- [Added] notificaiton/notification/field/resolving filter before any value is resolved with merge tags.
- [Fixed] The Email notification it not enabled anymore for already saved notifications
- [Fixed] New Notification post is not automatically saved as an Auto Draft anymore
- [Fixed] Enabled switch state in Save metabox
- [Changed] Documentation link in Own Extension promo link
- [Changed] Extensions in Extension directory are now loaded from remote API
- [Added] TextareaField field
- [Added] License handler for premium extensions
- WARNING! This version is not compatible with previous version. No core notifications nor custom triggers will be transfered to the new version because of too many changes in the plugin. Consider updating the plugin in a safe, not-production environment.
- Plugin has been redesigned from ground up
- The only thing which is not available in new version is disabling the notifications
For more changelogs please refer to the changelog.txt file.