Removes category parents from your category permalinks. Now it also works for the posts permalinks, when using the /%category%/ permastruct.
|Author:||Sergio Milardovich (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1.30|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-11-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||70 569|
|Active installs:||6 000+|
Click to start download
This plugin will completely remove the mandatory ‘Category Base’ and all the parents from your category permalinks (e.g.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! You sould now be able to access your categories via http://mysite.com/my-category/
See http://www.milardovich.com.ar/no-category-parents/ for troubleshooting.
- Quickfix: fixed pagination bug
- Tested up to WP 4.1
- Fixed pagination problem (special thanks to Lukáš Wojnar).
- Changed some links.
- Fixed “empty category” problem (special thanks to absolutex).
- In 0.2.1 when the “Category Base” field wasn’t empty the plugin didn’t work. Now the “Category Base” field will automatically be empty when you activate the plugin.
- Minor changes in the comments.
- The plugin now works with the permastruct /%category%/ and also replaces the post permalinks.
- Other minor fixes.