A simple, powerful and easy to use plugin that will help you to manage your contents in a multilingual multisite-installation.
|Author:||Dennis Ploetner (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6.1|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-06-2011|
|Total downloads:||461 647|
|Active installs:||6 000+|
Click to start download
A simple, powerful and easy to use plugin that will add multilingual support to a WordPress multisite
installation, i.e. multiple subdomains or folders (if you need to set up multiple sites across multiple domains, you’ll also want to use the WordPress MU
Domain Mapping plugin as well – as long as the domains are all hosted on the same server.).
The Multisite Language Switcher enables you to manage translations of posts, pages, custom post types, categories, tags and custom taxonomies.
Please, don’t forget to rate this plugin! ????
Thanks to all translators for their great work.
- German (de_DE) – Dennis Ploetner
- Italian (it_IT) – Antonella Cucinelli
- Dutch (nl_NL) – Alexandra Kleijn
- Brazillian Portuguese (pt_BR) – Coolweb
- Spanish (es_ES) – Andreas Breitschopp
- French (fr_FR) – Andreas Breitschopp
- Russian (ru_RU) – Andrey Vystavkin
- Ukrainian (uk) – Victor Melnichenko
- Croatian (hr_HR) – Brankec69
- Romanian (ro_RO) – Armand K
- Polish (pl_PL) – Kamil Frejlich
- Lithuanian (lt_LT) – Ovidijus Pukys
- Catalan (ca_ES) – Joan López
- Czech (cs_CZ) – Rastr
- Hungarian (hu_HU) – RobiG
- Georgian (ka_GE) – Jas Saran
- Greek (el) – Christoforos Aivazidis
- Serbian (sr_RS) – Web Hosting Hub
- Turkish (tr) – Alican Cakil
- Armenian (hy_AM) – Yeghishe Nersisyan
- Bengali (bn_BD) – Md. Nazmul Huda
- Japanese (ja) – ThemeBoy
- Swedish (sv_SE) – Erik Bernskiold
- Traditional & Simplified Chinese (zh_CN & zh_TW) – DrBenson
- Arabic (ar) – Mohamed Elwan
- Norwegian (nb_NO) – Ibrahim Qraiqe
- Bulgarian (bg_BG) – Vencislav Raev
- Mexican Spanish (es_MX) – Fernando Mata
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send me your gettext PO and MO so that I can
bundle it into the Multisite Language Switcher. You can download the latest POT file
You might read first WordPress in your language.
You can choose the language of the dashboard in the settings of your user profile.
It’s up to you – of course. But yes, if you want to use the Multisite Language Switcher.
The Multisite Language Switcher does not redirect the users automatically. I’m not sure if the plugin should do that. You might check out this jQuery plugin or this approach with a theme
if you need such functionality.
Please check the add-on MslsMenu out.
Please check the add-on MslsSelect out.
You could try the plugin Network Shared Media. It adds a new tab to the “Add Media” window, allowing you to access the media files in the other sites in your multisite.
Yes, you should use the WordPress API function
get_locale() but you could also use code like that
use lloc\Msls\MslsBlogCollection; $blog = MslsBlogCollection::instance()->get_current_blog(); $language = $blog->get_language();
There is a plugin which comes handy in here.