A simple yet powerful plugin that adds buttons to call or look up location to your website for mobile visitors.
|Author:||ROI Media Works Corp. (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-01-2016|
|Total downloads:||24 550|
|Active installs:||8 000+|
Click to start download
Out of the box settings on Twenty Fifteen on iPhone 6s emulator
Alt settings on Twenty Fifteen on iPhone 6s emulator
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/mobile-call-now-map-buttonsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the ‘Settings > Mobile Call Now & Map Buttons’ page to configure the plugin
How is the maps button created?
The address is built with a Google Maps URL query. Your entered location (address or GPS coord) values are constructed into a link like so:
https://maps.google.com/?q=( street, city, province/state, country, postal/zip or latitude,longitude)
If you’re having troubles with your address, please be sure your business listing is correct on google.com/maps first, or use the GPS Coordinates option in the plugin.
If your google.com/maps/ listing is incorrect, don’t hesitate talking to Google about it, in our experience, they’re eager to resolve map issues.
What Format For GPS Coordinates?
Please use the decimal degrees format (
dd.ddddd) for GPS coordinates. Do not enter the degree symbol or N/E/S/W direction mention or commas. For example, Kamloops BC Canada would be:
The buttons are hiding my footer
This should not happen, but is due to a CSS conflict between the plugin and your theme. Please open a support request and share the support code (found on the plugins setting page), we’ll try to resolve the issue for your site/theme asap.
The buttons are appearing above lightbox / popups
See z-index below.
Advanced Options: z-index
Absolute positioned elements on websites can be layered on top of one another using the CSS property
z-index. This plugin has the buttons on a
998. It’s at this number as most popup’s and lightbox’s use
999 or higher.
If your theme has something hidden behind the buttons, or the buttons are above somthing like Lightbox, try altering this number higher or lower.
Advanced Options: Append to body
This plugin puts it’s HTML at the bottom of a page using WordPress’s
wp_footer hook. As specified by WordPress:
wp_footeraction. Put this template tag immediately before
</body>tag in a theme template
Some theme authors, for whatever their reason, ignore this, wrapping
wp_footer() in a few elements, causing problems for plugins like this that expect it in a certain place.
Advanced Options: Number Sanitizing
Select this option to prevent the plugin from re-formatting your phone number. By default if you enter a value like
1 (555) 555 - 5555
For maximum browser compatibility, the plugin will sanitize the phone number to
This sometimes effects Google Adwords phone numbers that expect a certain phone number format.
Advanced Options: Profile
This is your WordPress setup, you may copy/paste it out when needing help troubleshooting your site in the support forums.
- Oct 10, 2017
- Flipped phone icon so it faces the text, inwards
- Added option to remove phone number sanitizing in advance options for google adwords conversion (thanks @rds91)
- Added ‘Street Address or GPS’ location inputs for the map button (thanks @zomb3k)
- Change version numbering to file modified time in
admin_enqueue_scriptsto help force cache refresh
- July 31, 2017
- fixed: compress public output css
- cleaned up description on SUPPORT options, moved to FAQ
- July 26, 2017
- fixed “and/or”
- July 26, 2017
- added support for
- added custom
z-indexinput value for self-resolving of plugin/theme conflicts
- cleaned up line breaks in source code output
- July, 2017
- added php version to support json string
- redid version number
- July 6, 2017
empty()which caused fatal php error on < PHP 5.5 setups (thanks for pointing this out D.B.)
- July 5, 2017
- Project revival! added davidsword as primary contributor, new lead on project
- fixed: no output unless settings are defined
- fixed: css and styles in footer, not header
- fixed: default values for options to prevent undefined errors
- changed: readme overhauled
- changed: wrapped plugin in class
- changed: improved backend interface
- changed: cleaned up all function and div names
- changed: verbiage for postal/zip
- changed: default css to be more robust
- changed: replaced pixel slider with device-mock sizes
- changed: replaced third party spectrum colour picker with default native wordpress one
- changed: new assets
- changed: from SVG icons to dashicon for color changeable icons
- added: language localization support
rpb_outputfilter to output
- added: custom color select
Older changlog’s available in their respective releases.