With MegaOptim you can compress your WordPress images and boost your website load speed and SEO rankings.
|Author:||MegaOptim (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-10-2018|
Click to start download
Media Library: Optimizer
Media Library: Table screen buttons integration
Media Library: Edit attachment screen buttons integration
Custom Folders: Folder select dialog
Custom Folders: Optimizer
NextGen Galleries: Optimizer
NextGen Galleries: Gallery table screen buttons Integration
What is API token?
One API token is one image. Please note that WordPress generates multiple thumbnails per one image. You will be charged one token for each thumbnail. If the total saved size per image is less than %5 you will not be charged.
Can i use the same API Key on multiple websites?
Absolutely. You can use your API key on as many websites as you want.
Which compression level should i use?
For most of the websites intelligent method is enough, it auto determines the level of compression of the image that works best for the human eye. The ultra mode is similar to intelligent but goes a bit further to save more space. If you are willing to sacrifice small bits of the image quality then this mode is the way to go. Finally, with the lossless method the service attempts to optimize the images without touching the image quality. It is not recommended method if you are looking for google pagespeed score or page load speed.
I am using PHP 5.2 but want to still use the plugin?
MegaOptim plugin supports PHP 5.3 or newer, but no worries. We offer up to one hour support to upgrade your hosting account with newer PHP version if you have access to do so.
Is the plugin compatible with WP offload S3 and WP Stateless?
Not fully compatible, but we are already working and testing this feature. It will be released soon.
Can i optimize the WordPress Media Library
Sure, just go to MegaOptim > Optimizer and in the top right select \”WP Media Library\” and start the process!
Can i backup and restore the images?
Yes, MegaOptim have option to backup the images and it is enabled by default. You can alawys restore the original images if there is backup.
What image formats can be optimized?
MegaOptim supports JPEG, PNG, GIF (animated or non animated)
Does the plugin optimizes the images in cloud or in my website’s hosting?
MegaOptim send each image to our cloud service and each image is optimized and then downloaded and replaced with the original, if you have backups enabled the image will be backed up additionally.
Do i need separate tokens for WebP Images?
No, WebP versions are free of charge!
What payment methods do you support?
We support both PayPal and Credit Card via Paddle
What happens if i stop using or deactivate MegaOptim plugin?
Nothing, your images will remain optimized, if you used the WebP feature the site won’t serve WebP any longer.
What are the pricing packages?
We do both one-time and monthly. Please check out here.
Can i cancel my subscription?
Absolutely! You can cancel your subscription whenever you want.
Do you have an API?
Yes, please check out here for more documentation.
Will MegaOptim work with CloudFlare?
Yes! You need to use the CloudFlare plugin with correct credentials or setup credentials in the Settings > Advanced menu. If the credentials are setup correctly, the plugin will automatically purge from the CloudFlare cached images when they are optimized with MegaOptim.
I have problem, the plugin won’t work.
Please contact us as soon as possible and we can assist you!
- Improved Admin pages
- Improved WebP support
- Added WebP Support
- Removed MegaOptim from main menu and added the settings part in “Settings” and the optimizer in “Media” tabs.
- Improved settings data persistence
- Improved security
- Improved Admin UI
- Fixed PHP Strict Standards warning
- Fixed saving max dimensions value
- Revamped database upgrade process
- Improved WP Retina 2x compatibility
- Fix error triggered on media table and media edit screen in the MegaOptim column/metabox when attachment is not image.
- Updated MegaOptim php library
- Fix problems with non-ascii parts in the urls
- Security hardening
- WordPress 5.1+ compatibility
- Fix undefined variable problem on ‘Custom folders’ screen
- Fix non-unique html ids for thumbnail size checkboxes
- Fixed error warnings
- Added feature to sign up for api key from the WordPress Dashboard
- Improved UI & added scan library button
- Improved instructions
- Removed the unnecessary database queries for faster bulk processing
- Removed the unnecessary megaoptim API calls for faster bulk processing
- Removed unnecessary code leftovers
- Fixed nextgen gallery sql query used to find all unoptimized images
- Improved compatibility with PHP5.3 and onwards
- Don’t stop the bulk process when image is missing on the server, continue to next instead.
- Added the WP version in the useragent header when sending request to the api server
- Corrected info message in the Media List Table and the Media Edit Metabox.
- Imrpoved settings instructions
- Removed tag folder from the plugin directory.
- Fix error when editing post
- Improved Welcome instructions
- Improved API Key form
- Added megaoptim_after_restore_attachment action hook (Called after attachment is restored.)
- Improved readme and fixed typos
- Initial release