MediaCore's plugin allows you to embed any videos publicly accessible on your MediaCore site.
|Author:||Derek Harnanansingh email@example.com (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||2 907|
Click to start download
Media management made easy
Restrictions on file size, storage and file types within WordPress regularly present barriers to WordPress users who are keen to embed rich, high quality multimedia. The MediaCore plugin for WordPress makes it easy to enhance your posts with video, audio, documents and images directly from your MediaCore site.
Harness the power of video learning
Video is transforming education, and MediaCore helps hundreds of educational institutions around the world embrace it. The MediaCore Video Platform puts powerful video learning and sharing tools into the hands of every student and professor — empowering them to easily capture, manage and share video privately and securely across all platforms and mobile devices.
Key Features of the WordPress plugin
- Browse, search and securely embed media from your MediaCore library into WordPress in one-click.
- Upload large video, audio, document or image files (up to 20 GB in size) into your MediaCore library from within WordPress.
- Automatically convert uploaded media into formats supported on devices including mobile, tablets and desktops.
- Capture content on your iPhone or iPad, upload it to your MediaCore library, and embed it into WordPress.
MediaCore Key Features
- Global distribution - MediaCore content is delivered by Akamai, a global network of over 12,000 secure servers.
- Storage - We use redundant storage which means that all of your content is stored in more than one location to ensure that it is safe.
- Video Players - We use HTML5 and Flash video players to get an exceptional playback experience on almost any browser or mobile device.
- All files are securely shared on MediaCore’s reliable cloud infrastructure so content can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Resumable Uploads - If your internet connection is lost, or your browser times out, then your upload will automatically resume from the point at which it was interrupted when your connection comes back online. More information.
- Supported Media Types - MediaCore supports all popular file formats such as: .MOV, .M4V, .MP4, .AVI, .FLV, WebM, .MP3, MPEG, .GIF, .JPG.
- Document Viewing - The document and image viewers provide a rich and interactive experience. Supported documents include: PDFs, Microsoft Word (doc/docx), and Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt/pptx).
Need a MediaCore account?
- If you don’t already have a MediaCore account request a demo today.
Useful Teaching with Video Resources
- 10 great sources of educational video to support digital learning
- Apps and tools for creating better screencasts and presentation videos
- Flipping the Classroom for Younger Students
- How to transform your powerpoint and keynote presentations into video learning resources
- Recording better sound with your iPhone or iPad
- Recording better video with your iPhone or iPad
- MOOCs Make Professors dust of the Cobwebs
- Make plugin compatible with WP 3.9
- Fix user capabilities
- Re-post correct images to tags/2.3
- Fix bug that forced the cursor position to the top on auto saves
- Update readme text. Update license text.
- Uses the new MediaCore Chooser (view, embed and upload media)
- Requires that your MediaCore account is configured to use the Chooser
- Allows user to embed public videos