Me Likey gives you the ability to display Facebook “Like” or “Recommend” buttons on individual blog posts and pages. Me Likey allows you to add a subs
|Author:||Corey Ballou (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-04-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||4 547|
Click to start download
Me Likey gives you the ability to display Facebook "Like" or "Recommend" buttons on individual blog posts and pages. Me Likey allows you to add a subset of Facebook's Open Graph API to your page, including all necessary META tags for proper like button support.
There are a number of configuration options and customizations available give you complete control over where the button is displayed as well as how it is styled.
- Ability to enable/disable the button on a per post (or page) basis directly from the add/edit post screen.
- An AJAX preview mode is now available in the options for a quick preview of the button.
- Added a "default image" option to the admin to be used when no post image exists.
- Automatic modification of the HTML namespace parameters as required by Facebook.
- Additional options have been added to the configuration page; height, layout, show faces, and the ability to define your own custom class for the iframe.
- META description field attempts to pull from the_excerpt, then tries a substring of the body, and last grabs your description as a fallback.
- Option of using either the standard or button_count (small) display mode.
- Customizable width and height.
- The first included image of the post will be included on the liked page's Facebook page.
- Customizable placement of the button, which can be either at the top of your post, bottom of your post, or included using the php function
me_likey_button();in your theme files.
- Ability to include the button within a post using the shortcode (BBCode) tag
- Ability to change the button’s wording to either "like" or "recommend".
- Customizable font family, including arial, lucida grande, segoe ui, tahoma, trebuchet ms, and verdana.
- Ability to change the color scheme of the button to either "light" or "dark".
An example of the Me Likey plugin in action as well as a glimpse of the META tags.
The remainder of Me Likey configuration options including the AJAX "Preview."
A glimpse of the Me Likey enable/disable option on the "Edit Post" page.
A quick overview of the Me Likey configuration options.
- We’d like to support internationalization. If you are willing to translate to your native language, please contact us.
Popular questions will get added to this section as they arise.
- Current release.