Sets custom avatars for users without gravatar. Avatars will be replaced by first letter of usename (or e-mail) on a colorful background
|Author:||Sibin Grasic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||04-01-2016|
|Total downloads:||3 292|
Click to start download
Gravatars displayed alongside letter avatars
Plugin settings page
Random colored avatars with user lock-in
- Upload letter-avatars.zip to plugins via WordPress admin panel, or upload unzipped folder to your plugins folder
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings->Letter Avatars to manage the options
Can I disable gravatars and use Letter Avatars for all comments?
Yes you can. By default, Letter Avatars are used only for users without gravatar, but you can change that in user settings.
Can I change the font for my Avatars?
By default, Letter Avatars will be displayed in your theme font, but you can change that in plugin settings.
Does this plugin work with BuddyPress?
Yes it does, since version 2.5
Does this plugin work with bbPress / wpDiscuz
At the moment, no. This feature is planned for versions 2.7 and 2.8. coming out in April 2018
What does the user lock-in option do?
If you enable user lock-in (when random colors are enabled), each user will have his own unique color which will be used for all the comments.
How does the Font Auto Size option work?
If you enable the auto size functionality, letter size will be 75% of the avatar size.
I.E. If the avatar size is 100px, font size will be 75px.
- New Feature: YITH Reviews for WooCommerce support
- Improvement: Works for comments fetched via ajax
- Bugfix: Removed all PHP Notices and Warnings
- Improvement: Fine-tuned gravatar detection code
- Bugfix: Fixed PHP Warning in certain scenarios
- Improvement: Added caching mechanism for gravatar checks
- Improvement: Fine-tuned gravatar checking mechanism
- New Feature: BuddyPress support
- New Feature: Automatic font size – Option to calculate font size automatically by avatar size
- Improvement: Optimized gravatar detection and CSS processing
- Improvement: Optimized performance on posts with many comments
- Internal beta version
- Internal alpha version
- New Feature: Load Google Font CSS without loading google font
- Improvement: Moved to select2 library for Google Font selection
- Improvement: Google Fonts selection is now cached, improving wp-admin speed
- Bugfix: Fixed the display of Letter Avatars in admin-bar
- Bugfix: Fixed Avatars not displaying properly in some scenarios
- Bugfix: Fixed Font list not showing up randomly in admin settings
- Bugfix: Fixed WP-Admin issues in WordPress versions 4.9.x
- Bugfix: Fixed Synthax Error on servers running PHP 5.3.x
- New Feature: Colors are now calculated from e-mail hash
- Improvement: Improved color randomization functions
- Fully reworked codebase
- New Feature: Same color for repeated comments by same author
- Improvement: Moved settings to separate page
- Improvement: Revamped settings system
- Improvement: Reworked avatar hookin process – better performance
- Improvement: Reworked gravatar detection – works in all scenarios
- Improvement: Better color randomization – each avatar has a unique color
- Bugfix: Improved option handling
- Bugfix: Better google font handling
- Many more performance and stability fixes
- Improvement: Added hook for style loading
- Improvement: Added hook for plugin options
- Improvement: Better Gravatar detection
- Improvement: Better Theme / Plugin compatibility
- Improvement: Much better performance
- Improvement: Added PHPDoc to all classes / functions
- Initial release