Enables LDAP for user authentication, password management and role management.
|Author:||Frank Koenen (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-02-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||16 643|
Click to start download
Is the password expirary feature optional?
Yes. Simply leave the LDAP configuration attribute emtpy to disable this feature.
Does the plugin offer an easy way to create new users in LDAP?
Yes. The plugin accepts a URL reference to your LDAP administration interface.
What do I do if my users are already defined in my WP database?
Not a problem. The user_login value will be mapped in the plugin setup to an
attribute in LDAP. Create your LDAP person records with the same value on the
attribute you map to user_login. Then next time the user logs in, the LDAP will
begin to manage the records in the local DB as normal.
Does the LDAP plugin supercede the base WP login?
Yes. Once the plugin is enabled, authentication control is passed on to the LDAP system.
- Feb-2011, Initial release
- Apr-2011, Patch for user create for version 3.1.1
- May-2011, added ldap_login_password_and_role_manager_updatepassword_using_rootdn() method.
- cleared ‘ldap_login_password_and_role_manager_password_is_expired’ in ldap_login_password_and_role_manager_updatepassword() method.
- May-2011, updated ldap_login_password_and_role_manager_update_wp_user() method, boolean return value was incorrect.
- May-2011, added memberidmap logic to manage LDAP member id numbers in sync with WordPress member id numbers
- Mar-2012, added admin setting for TLS encryption.
- Jul-2013, maintenance release.
- Nov-2013, maintenance release.
- Sep-2014, maintenance release.
- Sep-2015, maintenance release. WP 4.3 introduced password change email notifications. Password management in this plugin is handled outside of WordPress, in the LDAP directory. Email notifications are irrelevant and thus disabled when setting user_pass attribute on users in WordPress.
- Sep-2015, maintenance release. additional location missed on change email notifications.
- Feb-2017, maintenance release.