Plugin to lazy load Facebook comments after clicking a button. A simple comment plugin.
|Author:||Joel James (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-07-2014|
|Total downloads:||8 823|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Facebook Comments - Sample of comments box.
Settings - Settings page.
Lazy Load Button - (If you set scroll method, no button will be added).
Installing the plugin – Simple
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for Lazy Facebook Comments and click “Install now“
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
lazy-facebook-comments.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Lazy FB Comments sub settings page under WordPress Settings page.
- Give your facebook app ID.
- Configure the plugin options with available settings.
OR, See detailed doc, how to install a WordPress plugin.
Need more help?
Please open a support request.
If you would like to have an additional feature for this plugin, let me know
Why this plugin?
Normal Facebook comments plugins will drag your website speed down. This plugin won’t.
By lazy loading FB scripts and comments only when needed.
Please explain, how this plugin lazy loads?
Comments and scripts will be loaded only after user clicking on a “Load Comments” (of course you can customize this button text too) button, or after scrolling down. You select any of these lazy load methods.
- On Scroll lazy load method.
- Ability to work with other FB plugins.
- Complete revamp of plugin code.
- Tested with WordPress 4.6.
- Improved performance.
- Bug fix
- Added official support forum
- Added first version