This plugin collects the meta data of any desired sites based on submitted URL. These metadata including URL, IP Address, Title, Author(s), Keywords,
|Author:||Freelynx (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.3|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-01-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Lazy Bookmark records metadata information embeded in a website, namely url, title, author, keywords and description. This plugin might be useful when you want to save pages or domains of websites and share them to public. It's a bookmark-like. As an additional feature, this plugin may also allow public user to be contributed to the list of the url.
The plugin provides several different ready-to-use shortcodes:
- [lbm_form] : Displaying the form for URLs to be submitted based on Admin selection.
- [lbm_form_domain] : Displaying the form for submitting domain of the given URLs.
- [lbm_form_page] : Displaying the form for submitting page of given URLs.
- [lbm_list] : Displaying the list selected by administrator.
- [lbm_list_domain] : Displaying the list of collected domain.
- [lbm_list_page] : Displaying the list of collected pages.
- [lbm_search] : Search the contents.
The more detail and technical FAQ is available in the admin page of the plugin.
What does this plugin do?
In a simple term: Records IP Address, Title, Authors, Keywords, and Description of a website.
How can I use it?
Just type a domain or website, i.e. http://yahoo.com in the form on the Lazy Bookmark Setting Page then press Submit. You’ll find what this plugin actually do.
Can I use this form on my frontend page?
Yes you can.
Do I always need to write the protocol like ‘http://’ ?
Absolutely! it’s part of the valid URL.
In that case what kind of protocol that is allowed?
http, https, and ftp
I got a strange behaviour when I use this plugin on my frontend page. What’s wrong?
It depends. But the first thing that you need to check is that the permalinks should not be set as a ‘Default’. If this does not fix the issues then please email and let me know.
Can I choose which metadata to be display?
Can I edit the url and its metadata?
Can I filter or search the result?
Is this plugin a crawler?
Nope. Not even remotely.
Can I export the result as an XML or JSon?
No. But soon in the next release.
- Now the uniqueness of a website is determined from the domain name, not IP address.
- no more excessive and long pagination. It has been replaced with dropdown menu.
- Fix bug: avoid collision with cUrlPage function
- Initial version