A WordPress widget able to store and display in a tag cloud the keywords that your site visitors are using to reach your site’s pages.
|Author:||romeloft (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.0.2|
|WordPress version tested:||2.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-01-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||17 047|
Click to start download
Discover which keywords your site visitors are googling to reach your site. Build automatically a tag cloud based on realtime usage data, not on the tags that you THINK are appropriate. Fully customize the tag cloud links and keywords. Ban inapproriate keywords with one click. INSTRUCTIONS: Just activate the plugin, place one of the three available Keyword widgets in your sidebar, and wait some visitors come from a search engine to see the first keywords.
A few notes
- Tag Cloud is updated each time a page is being visited from somebody who found it on a search engine
- Same IP can't fool too much - IPs are logged and considered by the algorythm
- Configurable pagerank shaping: follow/nofollow links
- A good keyword tag cloud will be the result of a semi-automatic refining process
- The keywords you select stay forever and pass PR
- less important ones go away eventually!
How are the colors generated on the tag cloud ?
A random simple algorhytm.
Can this tool help SEO?
Yes, it can be a tool help your internal pages get indexed better, and the ability to customize the anchortext is vital to SEO.
First public release.