jQuery Slick Menu creates a sticky, sliding menu widget from any WordPress custom menu.
|Author:||Lee Chestnutt (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.12|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-03-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||38 858|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Creates a widget, which adds a sticky, sliding menu from any standard WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Can handle multiple slick menus on each page and the location of each menu can be easily set from the widget control panel using a combination of the "location" option and the "offset". The plugin also includes shortcodes, which allow you to add external text links to activate the sliding menu.
The widget has several parameters that can be configured to help cutomise the sliding menu:
- Tab Text - Enter the text that you would like to use for the menu tab.
- Location - This sets the location of the slide out menu in the browser window. There are 6 different locations to choose from:
- Top Left
- Top Right
- Bottom Left
- Bottom Right
- Offset - The number of pixels from the edge of the browser window.
- Animation Speed - The speed at which the slide out menu will open/close
- Auto-Close Menu - If checked, the menu will automatically slide closed when the user clicks anywhere in the browser
- Skin - 12 different sample skins for styling the slick container are available to give examples of css that can be used to style your own slick menu.
The plugin includes the feature to add text links within your site content that will open/close the floating tab.
- [dcsl-link] - default link, which will toggle the menu open/closed with the link text "Click Here".
- [dcsl-link text="Slick Menu"] - toggle the menu open/closed with the link text "Slick Menu".
- [dcsl-link action="open"] - open the menu with the default link text.
- [dcsl-link action="close"] - close the menu with the default link text.
The menu appears on the page but does not work. Why?
One main reason for this is that the plugin adds the required jQuery code to your template footer. Make sure that your template files contain the wp_footer() function.
- Update: Update to jquery.slick.2.1.js
- Fixed: Validation error
- Added: Shortcodes to open/close menu using external links
- Added: New skins
- Fixed: Bug with Safari left/right location
- Fixed: Bug with “no theme” option
- First release