Automatically turns your standard WordPress navigation menus into responsive select / drop-down menus when the screen is below a certain width.
|Author:||MIGHTYminnow (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||18-10-2013|
|Total downloads:||41 892|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
Do you find this plugin helpful? Please consider leaving a 5-star review.
The perfect solution to make your site responsive for mobile devices like phones and tablets. jQuery Responsive Select Menu lets you make your WordPress menus responsive by turning them into drop-down
<select> elements below a width of your choosing.
- Fully customizable – choose width, custom menu text, which menus to affect, and more.
- Works for ALL menus, whether custom WordPress 3 or automatically generated.
- Lightweight – jQuery functionality is less than 3kb.
See the section on Installation for details on setting up your responsive mobile select menu.
Please file a support request if you are interested in translating this plugin into another language.
Banner photo by Susannah Kay.
Normal WordPress navigation.
Responsive select / drop-down menu at user-specified mobile width.
Sample first item and sub-item spacer at responsive / mobile sizes.
- Add Russian translation.
- Improve behavior for menu links with empty or # href.
- Fixed jQuery bug with extra comma that affected older browsers.
- Updated translations.
- Added fix for bug in which current page was not indicated (now targets both current_page_item and current-menu-item).
- Fixed flash of unstyled content issue – now adding html “jquery” class immediately.
- Added admin option to “disable” placeholder (href=“#”) menu links.
- Fixed typo in description.
- Switched from attr() to prop() for better jQuery semantics.
- Added German translation (thanks to Ov3rfly).
- Fixed bug in which translations weren’t being applied.
- Properly prefixed jQuery variable passed from PHP.
- Switched from plugins_init to plugins_loaded hook.
- Added Spanish translation (thanks to Andrew Kurtis).
- Added ability to omit empty “placeholder” menu items from the drop-down menu.
- Add unique class to each generated menu (e.g. jrsm-1).
- Minor jQuery modification to prevent JS error when no container is selected.
- First release