Plugin to embed sanitised CMS content via HTTP using configured CMS server and a shortcode to generate the content URI.
|Author:||JCMS Consulting (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-01-2018|
Click to start download
View of admin settings for server root configuration.
View of shortcode in template with content ID specified.
View of source CMS with content in context.
View of source CMS with content exposed as raw text via a handler script.
View of remote content embedded in WordPress template context.
- Unzip the plugin archive into /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Enable in the plugins section of the wp-admin dashboard. There are no configuration options needed.
Do you offer retrieval of content from URLs of the form `cms-server/path/to/content1234`?
Yes, using the full version of this plugin, available upon consultancy engagements.
Does this plugin offer retrieval of content from a database source?
No. This is the remit of an upcoming plugin, still being developed.
Are there any limitations?
- Your legacy CMS must be able to expose content via a URL
- Your WordPress deployment server must be able to reach the legacy CMS server via HTTP.
- Remote resource URLs (images etc.) are not currently supported. The option to allow a configurable list of MIME types of remote resource URLs to be automatically generated may be added for a future version.
- First version.