This plugin will allow you to show a flag of your visitors country. When a user goes to your website he will see a flag of its own country, based on t
|Author:||Lucian Apostol (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.0.2|
|WordPress version tested:||5.3.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-04-2011|
|Total downloads:||5 524|
Click to start download
The plugin will show your visitors their country flag, based on their IP Address. You can add it as a widget to your sidebar, using a shortcode in your post or pages or directly in your template trough template tags.
The geolocation is provided by http://www.ipgp.net
You can use [ipflag] shortcode, add it trough a widget, or directly into template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
Do i have to change my theme to make the plugin work?
No theme changes are needed for this plugin.
I don’t want the plugin to appear in the sidebar, can i add it elsewhere ?
You can place the plugin in your sidebar, or in a page or post using template tag [ipflag] or directly into the template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.3.2
- Changed to protocol relative url to prevent mixed content problems
- Fixed version number
- Created admin menu page with instructions
- Set fixed width to the flag image
- Fixed widget headers and footers display
- Updated deprecated function register_sidebar_widget
- Changed plugin description
- Tested with wordpress 4.4
- Fixed display problems of the flag
- Adapted to work with wordpress 4.1.1
- Checked and tested for wordpress 4.0.1 compatibility
- Changed from xml to json api version
- Fixed api call problems
- Added support to work with API key
- Fixed the problem showing a broken image when the country is not available
- This is the first version of the plugin