Run PHP code inserted into WordPress posts and pages.
|Author:||Will Bontrager Software, LLC , Webcraftic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.2|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-11-2012|
|Total downloads:||607 359|
|Active installs:||100 000+|
Click to start download
Edit php snippet
Edit text snippet
Setting up automatic placement of snippets
Setting conditional logic to display a snippet
Creating a Snippet for Gutenberg Editor
Adding a snippet shortcode to a text widget
How to pass attributes to a snippet using a shortcode?
Add a new attribute “simple” to the shortcode [wbcr_php_snippet id=”xx” simple=”example”].
The attribute “simple” is available in the snippet as the $simple variable. The attribute name can contain Latin letters and lowercase digits. You can also use underscore.
The snippet code executed with an error and I cannot change it, what should I do?
Do not despair! Even an experienced person can make mistakes. We created a secure mode for this case. Go into it and your snippets code will not be executed.
- Go to the safe mode by this link: http://your-site-name.dev/wp-admin/?wbcr-php-snippets-safe-mode
- Edit the snippet in which you made a mistake;
- Leave safe mode by clicking the link: http://your-site-name.dev/wp-admin/?wbcr-php-snippets-disable-safe-mode
Great, now you should not have any issues!
How to pass page content to a snippet?
Pretty often we’d like to hide a part of a text or a form on particular pages and set up display conditions. You need to wrap the content you’d like to pass to a snippet with shortcodes [wbcr_php_snippet id=”xx” simple=”example”]page content[/wbcr_php_snippet]. Page content in a snippet is located in the $content variable.
Does plugin support Gutenberg editor?
Yes, it does. You can add there special blocks from our plugin.
I used the old plugin Insert php 1.3.0. What should I expect in 2.x.x version?
The old version of Insert php 1.3.0 worked this way: you wrapped PHP code with shortcodes [insert_php]php code[/insert_php]. Starting from version 2.x.x and higher, you need to create special snippets to place PHP code. Use a snippet shortcode [wbcr_php_snippetid=”xx”] instead of shortcodes [insert_php][/insert_php] to execute PHP code on pages.
We recommend you to move all your code from the post editor to snippets.
Important! TinyMCE converts double quotes to special characters. So if you place this code on the snippet editor, it may not work. To avoid this problem, replace all special symbols of double quotes in your PHP code with classic double quotes.
How long are you planning to support the old version 1.3.0?
60% users have already downloaded 2.x.x version. We are trying to reach the number of 80%. The deadline for support is scheduled for March 1, 2019.
You can download the old plugin version from here.
I don’t like the new plugin version. How can I roll back to 1.3.0 and don’t get updates?
First of all, please, take some time to actually go through the new version. Usually, it takes a week to see how useful this version may be for you. If you’ve faced any problems or found some bugs, feel free to contact us at our support forum.
You can always download the old version (1.3.0) from here.
To avoid getting updates, open the PHP file wp-content/plugins/insert-php/insert_php.php and change the plugin version to 9.9.9.
Is there any plugin documentation?
You can find the detailed documentation in here.
Is plugin compatible with GDPR?
Yes, the plugin is fully compatible with GDPR.
Can the plugin be completely uninstalled?
Go to the settings page and enable the “Complete uninstall” option. Than, when you delete Woody ad snippets using the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress it will clean up the database table and a few other bits of data. Be careful not to remove Woody ad snippets by deleting it from the Plugins menu unless you want this to happen.
How to remove plugin via ftp client?
You have to delete the folder with the plugin, which is located here: wp-content/plugins/insert-php
This will not clear the plugin data from the database. You have to remove the plugin through the admin panel with the “Full Uninstall” option enabled in order to completely clear the plugin data.
Will I lose my snippets if I change the theme or upgrade WordPress?
No, the snippets are stored in the WordPress database and are independent of the theme and unaffected by WordPress upgrades.
Does plugin work with multisite?
The plugin doesn’t support multi-sites.
We will definitely add multisite support in the future. You can speed up this process by leaving a request on our support forum.
- Fixed: Php error (Cannot declare class Post)
- Fixed: Some hooks did not work, when using php snippet with space to run everywhere.
- Fixed: Slashes removed in css snippet: \f058 becomes f058
- Fixed: Disabled wpautop for snippets
- Fixed: Added compatibility with plugin Robin image optimizer
- Warning: Support for the old shortcodes ([insert_php]) has been discontinued for new users. Users who have upgraded from version 1.3.0 still have support [insert_php].
- Fixed: Removed warnings about support for old shortcodes for new users.
- Fixed: Сkeditor editor over the code editor, the issue is related to The Rex theme
- Fixed: Warning Invalid argument supplied for foreach(). (It’s the warning in plugin insert-php (method getMetaOption) because get_post_meta could return non-array value if $single is true.)
- Fixed: Some users lost the code editor
- Fixed: Infinite redirect after updating or installing a plugin
- Fixed: Infinite redirect on multisites
- Added: New snippet type: Html. Perfect for you if you do not use php code.
- Added: New snippet type: Css
- Added: JS and CSS snippets can be asset as external files
- Added: Compatible with WordPress 5.2
- Added: Multisite support
- Added: Premium plugin support added
- Added: Added setting: “Complete Uninstall”. When the plugin is deleted from the Plugins menu, also delete all snippets and plugin settings.- Added: Added setting: “Complete Uninstall”. When the plugin is deleted from the Plugins menu, also delete all snippets and plugin settings.
- Added: Added setting: “Support old shortcodes [insert_php]”. If you used our plugin from version 1.3.0, then you could use the old shortcodes [insert_php][/insert_php]; from version 2.2.0 we disabled this type of shortcodes by default, as their use is not safe. If you still want to execute your php code via [insert_php][/insert_php] shortcodes, you can enable this option.
- Added: Added setting: “Keep the HTML entities, don’t convert to its character”. If you want to use an HTML entity in your code (for example > or “), but the editor keeps on changing them to its equivalent character (> and ” for the previous example), then you might want to enable this option.
- Fixed: some users were redirected to about page an infinite number of times
- Fixed: safe mode did not work, since it could be started only after the snippet
- Added: php lint for code editor
- Added: hook wbcr/factory/bootstrap/cache_enable to disable caching of Woody assets. Some users use cdn, it may be useful to them.
- Fixed: demo snippets were created several times, because of which it could bring a headache
- Fixed: it was impossible to hide metaboxing with ads
- Fixed: some users were redirected to about page an infinite number of times
- Fixed: Multisite minor bug
- Fixed: shortcodes don’t work in No Cache Ajax Widgets plugin
- Fixed: in Gutenberg when creating a block, the drop-down list is not saved the state of selected option
- Fixed: menu was not displayed in multisite
- Fixed: fixed php bug with import_upload_size_limit function in multisite
- Fixed: It was impossible to change theme style for code editor
- Fixed: After updating plugin, formatting for code editor was destroyed
- Fixed: Safe mode doesn’t work for scripts running with shortcode [insert_php]
- Fixed: plugin tries to process shortcodes in php code, which causes conflict with do_shortcode
- Fixed: visual composer compatibility added
- Fixed: bug with escape html code in snippets editor, if you entered the textarea tag, it could destroy the editor.
- Added: 3 new snippet types. You can use PHP, text, and universal snippets.
- Added: Snippet export/import.
- Added: Conditional logic for text and universal plugins. You can show/hide snippets based on certain conditions.
- Added: Gutenberg support. A new unit for Gutenberg has been added. There you can select available snippets. You can also send content from the editor to a snippet.
- Improved: Support of attributes that are sent to snippets through shortcodes. Now you can use shortcode attributes to send additional values inside snippets. You can limit the number of supported attributes.
- Added: WordPress 5.x.x support.
- Improved: The code editor support. Now it has an inbuilt syntax checker and auto-complete.
- Added: TinyMCE rich-text editor for text snippets.
- Added: Snippet auto-placement on all website. You can automatically place the code to head or footer on all pages. Or you can insert the ad code to all posts (check out the documentation to learn more).
- Added: demo snippet auto-creation on plugin installation.
- Added: special feature to uninstall the plugin. If enabled, all snippets and plugin data will be removed along with the plugin.
- Fixed: error in values sent through shortcode attributes.
- Fixed: error in visual unit preview in Gutenberg editor.
- Fixed: snippet counter for tags.
- Changed: plugin name.
- Changed: plugin icons.
- Changed: plugin description.
- Changed the way to safely save snippets. Now in case of an error, you will not lose the snippet changes. And also now there is no verification for snippets created for shortcodes, because of what many users had a problem with saving their old code.
- You can get the values of the variables from the shortcode attributes. For example, if you set the my_type attribute for the shortcode [wbcr_php_snippet id=”2864″ my_type=”button”], you can get the value of the my_type attribute in the snippet by calling $my_type var.
- Added feature to set tags for snippets
- Added an instruction on how to export and import your own snippets
- Some bugs fixed.
- Fixed critical bug with $wp_query. It was a conflict with some plugins that overwritten the global variable $wp_query.
- All created and updated snippets by default, are now active.
Fixed a bug where you do not have enough permissions to view the page.
Attention! This new 2.0 plugin version, we added the ability to insert php code using snippets. This is a more convenient and secure way than using shortcodes [insert_php] code execute [/ insert_php]. However, for compatibility reasons, we left support for [insert_php] shortcodes, but we will depreciate them in the next versions of the plugin.
We strongly recommend you to transfer your php code to snippets and call them in your posts/pages and widgets using [wbcr_php_snippet id = “000”] shortcodes.
Fixed issue with str_replace() when haystack contained a slash character.
Changed handling of content.
Bug fix. Added ob_end_flush(); and changed variable names to remove opportunity for conflict with user-provided PHP code.
First public distribution version.