Adds a button to the Edit Post screen which, in one click, saves the post and redirects you to the posts list, the New Post form or an adjacent post.
|Author:||Label Blanc (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-02-2015|
|Total downloads:||9 725|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
- Download Improved Save Button.
- Upload the ‘improved-save-button’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate Improved Save Button from your Plugins page.
Visit ‘Settings > Improved Save Button’ to adjust the configuration to your needs.
Release Date: February 22, 2017
- Bug fix: “Save and next/previous” actions were skipping posts when multiple posts had the exact same date (which happens when batch importing posts).
Release Date: August 27, 2016
- New action: A “Save and Return” action was added! This action redirects you to the page where you were before (no matter the page).
- New action: A “Save and Duplicate” action was added! This action duplicates the current post and redirects you to this new post’s Edit Screen.
- Languages: for translators, contexts were added to strings. Also, all translation files were removed from the plugin and moved to the plugin’s project on WordPress Translation Service.
- Some text updates and minor improvements.
Release Date: June 25, 2016
- Misc: code updated to allow WordPress Translation service (text domain changed to the plugin’s slug)
- Languages: added fr_CA and fr_BE languages
Release Date: October 17, 2015
- New action: As requested, a “Save and View” action was added! This action shows the post’s frontend page after the save. Two behaviors are available: show in the same window or show in a new window.
- Enhancement: A title attribute on the ‘Save and next/previous’ action now shows the name of the next/previous post.
- Enhancement: A big part of the code was rewritten to ease the addition of future new actions (no documentation yet, but you can develop plugins that add new actions, look in the code if interested!).
- Some bug fixes, including one with required fields of ACF.
Release Date: August 13, 2015
- Misc: Changed the title of the settings page from h2 to h1, like other settings pages in WordPress 4.3
Release Date: April 30, 2015
- Enhancement: Post Edit Spinner: Up to date with WordPress 4.2 behavior.
- Enhancement: WordPress 4.2’s new “removable query args” is now used.
- Bug Fix: The “1 post updated” message was not always shown after a “Save and list”.
- Misc: Checked for add_query_arg() XSS attack possibility.
Release date: February 19, 2015