Functionality to allow easy adding of custom post types via the functions.php file
|Author:||Phil Thompson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.3|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Custom Post Types, are by far and away one of the best additions to WordPress. However, they can be a bit cumbersome to set-up.
With the IMG Custom Post Types plug-in creating basic custom post types is now easy.
- Take advantage of new type=”date” input attribute/value on date fields. Removal of custom date picker where HTML5 is supported
- Bug fixed where NULL/unset foreign keys field shows the post title in table listings view
- If thumbnails are supported then they are shown in the listings screen of the custom post type
- Instead of just one to one relationships between two custom post types you can now assign one to many relationships by naming a custom field say
- Bug fixed where custom taxonomies were added to posts as well as the new custom post type
- Ability to use a datepicker to date fields in custom fields
- Date fields get timestamped too, so order by date in the get_posts() function with the meta_compare value should work
- Bug fixed where custom meta fields were not showing in View Posts listings view
- Longer copy custom fields (indicated by an _textarea naming convention) not show in View Posts listings view
- Read me file improved.
- Screenshots added.
- Tiny bug fixed with the naming of custom fields