Functionality to allow easy adding of custom post types via the functions.php file
|Author:||Phil Thompson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.3|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 050|
Click to start download
Custom Post Types, are by far and away one of the best additions to WordPress. However, they can be a bit cumbersome to set-up.
With the IMG Custom Post Types plug-in creating basic custom post types is now easy.
- Take advantage of new type=”date” input attribute/value on date fields. Removal of custom date picker where HTML5 is supported
- Bug fixed where NULL/unset foreign keys field shows the post title in table listings view
- If thumbnails are supported then they are shown in the listings screen of the custom post type
- Instead of just one to one relationships between two custom post types you can now assign one to many relationships by naming a custom field say
- Bug fixed where custom taxonomies were added to posts as well as the new custom post type
- Ability to use a datepicker to date fields in custom fields
- Date fields get timestamped too, so order by date in the get_posts() function with the meta_compare value should work
- Bug fixed where custom meta fields were not showing in View Posts listings view
- Longer copy custom fields (indicated by an _textarea naming convention) not show in View Posts listings view
- Read me file improved.
- Screenshots added.
- Tiny bug fixed with the naming of custom fields