This plugin is created by Clay Lua. Please visit the plugin page for more information.
|Author:||Clay lua (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-09-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 524|
Click to start download
This is a small plugin that replace the smart quotes function in WordPress that format/encode the code in WordPress. Hence, most symbols will be formatted/encoded by WordPress texturize function. Example, '&' (ampersand) becomes '&' '"' (double quote) becomes '"' ''' (single quote) becomes ''' '<' (less than) becomes '<' '>' (greater than) becomes '>'
The plugin will help solve the above problem and produce the result below,
Example, '&' (ampersand) becomes '&' '"' (double quote) becomes '"' ''' (single quote) becomes ''' '<' (less than) becomes '<' '>' (greater than) becomes '>'
A control panel is also provided in this plugin to add in special tag for your code or disable smart quote in WordPress. This problem is due to external code format plugin that required special tag such as [php] in syntaxhigher evolved. Upon, activate, all existing article that was previously formatted will be decoded by this plugin while future article will be protected by the replaced texturize function for WordPress (so that the plugin tells WordPress texturize function to include your special tag from encode/format).
Hence, this plugin still provides you with the functionality of smart quote with the additional add on features to ease your life. Please visit hungred.com for more information and screenshot
- initial version
- Fixed some character wasn’t decode problem
- Added options to stop WordPress smart quotes
- Fixed some important character get recognized as code problem
- Fixed the problem where the decoding doesn’t apply to the characters at the lower
- Improve Admin Interface
- Added News
- Fixed plugin style that affect other style
- Fixed and enhance some styling
- Change font type to prevent mac user who use firefox or chrome browser having problem viewing the page
- Make it compatible with version 2.9.2 and older version from 2.86 onwards