The plugin HTTPS Redirection allows an automatic redirection to the "HTTPS" version/URL of the site.
|Author:||Tips and Tricks HQ (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-06-2014|
|Total downloads:||424 982|
|Active installs:||100 000+|
Click to start download
https-redirectionfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Plugin settings are located in ‘Settings’, ‘HTTPS Redirection’.
How will the plugin work with the existing .htaccess file?
If the file exists, the plugin will update existing .htaccess file.
What should I do if the .htaccess file does not exist?
The plugin will store the settings in the database and add all the necessary conditions to the settings of WordPress automatically.
What should I do if after making changes in the .htaccess file with the help of the plugin my site stops working?
The.htaccess is located in the site root. With your FTP program or via Сpanel go to the site root, open the .htaccess file and delete the necessary strings manually.
Please make use of the following information: https://codex.wordpress.org/FTP_Clients
How to use the other language files with the HTTPS Redirection?
Here is an example for German language files.
In order to use another language for WordPress it is necessary to set the WP version to the required language and in configuration wp file –
wp-config.phpin the line
define('WPLANG', 'de_DE');. If everything is done properly the admin panel will be in German.
Make sure that there are files
de_DE.moin the plugin (the folder languages in the root of the plugin).
If there are no such files it will be necessary to copy other files from this folder (for example, for Russian or Italian language) and rename them (you should write
ru_RUin the both files).
The files are edited with the help of the program Poedit – http://www.poedit.net/download.php – please load this program, install it, open the file with the help of this program (the required language file) and for each line in English you should write translation in German.
If everything has been done properly all the lines will be in German in the admin panel and on frontend.
- WP Fastest Cache cache is automatically cleared when plugin settings are changed. This is to prevent “mixed content” warning from browsers.
- Fixed rare conflict with WP Fastest Cache (thanks to emrevona).
- Apply HTTPS redirection on the whole domain will be the default selected option after plugin install. You an change this option when you actually go to enable the feature.
- Additional options are only accessible when “Enable automatic redirection to the “HTTPS” is enabled.
- https://www.yoursite.com/some-page is replaced with site’s actual https address in Settings information box.
- Added reminder for user to clear cache of optimization plugins similar to W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
- Improved the “Force Load Static Files Using HTTPS” feature.
- The htaccess redirection is now detected based on SERVER_PORT (this is should work better on most servers).
- WordPress 4.6 compatibility.
- Improved the settings area to only show the options if pretty permalink feature is enabled.
- Updated the htaccess rules for HTTPS redirection to be more robust to prevent errors on some servers.
- Added a new option to automatically force load static files using HTTPS URL.
- Fixed a bug with the settings page.
- First commit to WordPress repository