Hot Random Image is a basic widget that shows a randomly picked image from a selected folder where images are stored.
|Author:||HotThemes (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-12-2014|
|Total downloads:||6 788|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
Sample screen shot of the Hot Random Image widget.
Screen shot of the Hot Random Image widget parameters.
- Install plugin as usually from WordPress.org. You can also manually download it, unpack and upload
plugin_hot_random_imagedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Publish Hot Random Image widget into the available widget sidebars.
- To get some images displayed, you should enter a folder where your images are stored. This can be any folder from your site.
- In the widget options, you can see other parameters that defines the widget’s output. Experiment with these options to configure the widget for your site.
What to do with plugin after installation?
Go to Appearance > Widgets and drop Hot Random Image widget into any widget position. Then open it to see the widget options. Enter folder where your images are uploaded, relative to your WordPress installation. In example “wp-content/uploads/2014/12”.
My widget doesn’t show any data?
Make sure you entered a valid folder where your images are uploaded.
- Methods name bug fixesß
- Various enhancements in plugin code
- The initial release