You can choose to hide the admin URLs and login to increases your wordpress security against hackers and spammers.
|Author:||WPPlugins - WordPress Security Plugins (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-07-2016|
|Total downloads:||205 330|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Choose the desired level of Security for your site
Change the URLs wp-admin and wp-login.php to different URLs. This is a very important WordPress Security step.
Choose to hide the wp-admin and wp-login.php to increase the WordPress Security and hackers will get 404 errors
Login to your site with the new Hide My WP login URL
You'll be redirected to the new Hide My WP admin URL
Activate the Brute Force Protection with Math reCaptcha
Add custom paths for wp-content, wp-includes, plugins, themes and more
Run a security check for your website and see all the vulnerabilities
Does this plugin work on WP Multisite?
Yes, the plugin works on WP Multisite and you will configure it for the entire network.
The plugin also works with Apache, Nginx, IIS and LiteSpeed servers
Is Hide My WP Ghost working on Nginx Server?
Yes, the plugin works on Nginx Server and you will be guided for the redirects and nginx.conf settings.
The plugin also works with Apache, IIS and LiteSpeed servers
My website theme is not loading correctly after I change the paths. What should I do?
This issue is most likely from setting the rewrite rules.
- Make sure you purge the cache if you have cache plugins after you save the Hide My WP Ghost settings.
- In case the .htaccess (for apache) or nginx.conf (for Nginx) or web.config (for IIS) are not writable you need to add the rewrites manually.
- If you have Nginx server make sure you reload the Nginx after you save the settings.
- If the theme is still not loading okay, contact us and we can set up the plugin for you for free.
You can find useful information here: https://hidemywpghost.com/knowledge-base/
I forgot the custom login and admin URLs. What now?
You can still access your site with the secure parameter
Locked out of my site! I set the plugin, and after I logged out I couldn’t get back in
Rename the plugin directory /wp-content/plugins/hide-my-wp so that the plugins won’t hide the wp-login.php path anymore
Login using http://domainname/wp-login.php and activate the plugin again.
Make sure you remember the secure parameter and it will be much easier.
Will this plugin work if I don’t have custom permalinks on my site?
No. You need to have custom permalinks set to ‘on’ in Settings > Permalinks.
You will get a notification in the Settings page if something is not setup right.
What do I need to do before I deactivate the plugin?
It’s better to switch to Default Mode in Settings > Hide My WP.
If you don’t, the plugin will automatically change your site back to the safe URLs and it will tell you what to do if you don’t have write permission for the config files
Is this Plugin free of charge?
Yes. The Lite features of Hide My WP Ghost plugin will always be free.
We will include all the required WordPress Security updates.
To unlock all the features, please visit: https://wpplugins.tips/wordpress
Is this plugin enough to protect my website from all hackers?
The Free version of Hide My WP Ghost hides the wp-admin and wp-login as described but will not protect you from all hacker attacks.
Hide My WP Ghost hides all the common paths and patterns used but bots to detect that you are using WordPress.
We also recommend you to install Premium Themes and Plugins and not just any WordPress plugin because the free plugins are usually made by beginners and they don’t have security knowledge.
- Update – WordPress Security Updates for WP 5.1
- Fix – Config file for Nginx servers
- Update – Security Updates
- Update – Compatibility check with other plugins and themes
- Fix – Compatibility with Wp-Rocket last version
- Fix – Compatibility with Avada Theme last version
- Update – Security updates for 2019 Jan
- Fix – Remove the wp-image from Mapping feature to prevent breaking the banner for some WP Themes
- Fix – Update rewrite rules when settings are saved
- Fix – Hide My WP Hidden Notifications
- Update – WordPress Security Updates for WP 5.0.3
- Fix – Prevent adding cache options when a cache plugin is already installed
3.0.01 (29 Dec 2018)
- Update – WordPress Security Updates for WP 5.0.2
- Fix – Loading the theme style for Nginx serves when the rules can’t be set
- Fix – Compatibility with the last version of WP-Rocket
- Fix – Compatibility with Avada theme
- Fix – When defining the UPLOADS constant in wp-config.php
3.0.00 (08 Dec 2018)
- Update – WordPress Security Updates for WP 5.0
- Update – Hide My WP is compatible with WordPress 5.0
2.0.16 (04 Dec 2018)
- Fix – Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘return false;’
- Fix – Woocommerce frontpage login
- Fix – Multiple subfolders install issue
- Fix – Optimizing the rewrite rules when going in safe mode
2.0.15 (25 Nov 2018)
- Update – Added FORCEPATH option to rename the images paths in post editor and builders
- Fix – Font loading problem while in safe mode rewrite
- Fix – Prevent removing the Woocommerce rules on setting save proccess
- Fix – Broken URLs when the paths are similar and can create confusion
- Fix – Prevent adding short paths and braking the website frontend
2.0.14 (12 Nov 2018)
- Update – Compatible with the last version of WP-Rocket
- Update – Tested and Fixed compatibility with WP Engine hosting server
- Update – Compatible with Woodmart theme
2.0.12 (10 Nov 2018)
- Update – Reload the Nginx config on settings save if possible
- Update – Compatible with more themes and plugins
- Fix – small bugs
2.0.11 (02 Nov 2018)
- Update – Rewrite option for Nginx, Apache and IIS without config
- Update – Added the Safe Mode option on rewrite errors
- Update – Text Mapping to change texts in source code
- Update – Security updates for WP 5
2.0.10 (30 Oct 2018)
- Update – Compatible with Gutenberg 4
- Fix – jQuery Deferrer on WP-Rocket
- Fix – Email signup validation
2.0.09 (20 Oct 2018)
- Fix – Corrected the Tools loading
- Fix – Add decoded trail slash on plugin rewrites
2.0.08 (15 Oct 2018)
- Fix – Compatibility with WP Fastest Cache
- Fix – Add decoded trail slash on plugin rewrites
2.0.07 (9 Oct 2018)
- Fix – Memory check error when the memory is over 1G
- Fix – Htaccess error when the plugin has spaces in the name
2.0.06 (1 Oct 2018)
- Update – Compatibility with top WordPress cache plugins
- Update – Compatibility with top WordPress themes
- Update – Compatibility with other WordPress security plugins
- Fix – Minor bugs
2.0.05 (25 Sept 2018)
- Fix – Memory limit error wne the memory is under 64MB
- Fix – Setting other paths when the admin or login paths are already set by other plugins or theme
- Update – Security Check table
- Update – Compatibility check with top WordPress plugins
2.0.04 (21 Sept 2018)
- Update – Compatible with Gutenberg 3.8
- Update – Compatible with WP Super Cache 1.6
- Update – Compatible with All In One WP Security & Firewall 4.3
- Update – Compatible with iThemes Security 7.1
- Update – Compatible with Beaver Builder 2.1
- Update – Compatible with Elementor Editor 2.2
- Update – Compatible with Thrive Architect 2
- Update – Compatible with Woocommerce 3.4
- Fix – Compatibility with WP-Rocket
- Fix – Compatibility with Autoptimize
- Fix – Rewrite paths when moving from Lite mode to Default in Apache, Nginx and IIS
- Fix – Restore settings didn’t save the config rewrites
2.0.03 (15 Sept 2018)
- Update – Compatibility with WP Super Cache CDN
- Update – Checked and fixed the compatibility with Woocommerce
- Update – Cookie Test for WP Multisite
- Update – Security updates for SQL Injection and Script Injection
2.0.02 (03 Sept 2018)
- Update – Made Security Check Notification optional
- Fixed – Don’t change the paths on update from version 1 to 2
- Fixed – remove wp-config.php admin cookie line if it remains from other plugins
2.0.01 (10 Aug 2018)
- Update – New Settings design
- Update – Works with WP Multisite
- Update – Works with Apache, Nginx, IIS, and Litespeed
- Update – Firewall Against Script Injection
- Update – Customize the Hide My Wp safe link
- Update – Security Check and options to fix the issues
- Update – Install and Activate recommended plugins
Ocultar Mi WP – Plugin de seguridad de WordPress
Ocultar meu WP – Segurança do WordPress
Cacher mon WordPress – Plugin de sécurité WordPress
Verstecken Sie mein WordPress – WordPress Sicherheits-Plugin
Hide My WP – WordPress Security Plugin