Easily create and format disclaimers, bios, or any other type of content and add below your posts and pages. Lightweight, no frills.
|Author:||Dan Sweet (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-10-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Post Addenda is a lightweight, simple plugin that allows you to create reusable content to tack on to the end of posts. This is great for disclaimers, bios, ads or promos, or anything that you might want to include with your post.
Leverage the styling and formatting power of the content editor when you create your Addenda. We don't add any additional styling, so it will automatically look like your theme content out of the box.
Create an Addendum
- Once you activate Post Addenda, a new menu item will appear in your Admin area.
- Go to Post Addenda > Add New and create your Addendum. Add any formatting, images,
hrtags, or whatever you want.
- The title of your Addendum can be displayed along with the content, or not.
- Save your Addendum. Post Addenda are a custom post type, so you can manage them just like any other post.
Add an Addendum to a Post
- While editing a post or page, locate the Post Addendum panel below your content editor.
- Optionally select the Addendum you'd like to appear with this post. If you don't select one, your post will be displayed as normal with no Addenda.
- If you want the Addendum title to display along with the content, tick the box.
- Save your post and watch your Addendum magically appear below it!
Note: If you don't want an Addendum, don't pick one!
Addenda are added and managed just like posts, under the Post Addenda menu in your Admin area.
Create your Addendum just like a regular post. Use images, text formatting, headings, links, whatever you want!
Add an Addendum to your post by simply selecting it from the dropdown menu on that post's Edit screen. If you want to display the title as well, just tick the box!
Can I reuse my Addenda?
Of course! That’s the whole reason we created this plugin — to make it easy to quickly add snippets of content to posts, without having to rewrite them every time.
What about custom post types?
Post Addenda is automatically added to all posts, pages, and custom post types. If you don’t want one to display, just don’t select one for that post.
Can I add images, links, etc?
Yes, you can! You can use all the tools available in the content editor, and the presentation is handled the same way as your normal post content in your theme.
How do I add a divider line to the top of the Addendum?
There’s a ‘Horizontal line’ button in the Visual Editor, use that.
Updated description and added icon, banner. This is the good-to-go version.
Fixed post warning – check if checkbox is checked before updating post meta.