Small and simple plugin that allows you to change url of wp-admin
|Author:||Some Web Media (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-04-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||150 345|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Permalink Options page inside the administration area
- Set the field WP-Admin slug to the desired one and save changes
Does this work with Multisite
We don’t know yet.
What about the default Admin URLs?
Old WP Admin urls
http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php will not be usable until you clear the WP-Admin slug field from Permalink Options page or uninstal the plugin.
The new url is not working, and I can still access the default url
Try re-saving the settings.
- Re-written to fix bugs that resulted in users not beeing able to access wp-admin
- Fixed small bug with server HTTPS
- Fixed bug on some WordPress instances where there was a problem with getting the site home path
- Fixed redirection bug of password protected pages
- If WordPress for some reason haven’t applied rewrite rules to .htaccess, default wp-admin url will work
- Fixed redirection bug when slug set to empty
- Fixed URL for “default” permalink settings
- Fixed URL with trailing slash at the end
- Initial release
- Sets basic login and admin redirects and checks
- Able to change link through permalink options page