Accelerates the site speed by simply and effective caching Gravatar (Globally Recognized Avatars).
|Author:||Harry Milatz (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-11-2015|
|Total downloads:||7 629|
Click to start download
Errorpage: Cachefolder doesn't exist
Errorpage: no Copyoption available
Errorpage: Cachefolder is not writeable
Errorpage: Cachefolder has not the correct permissions
Nothing at the moment
Just install from your WordPress “Plugins > Add New” screen and all will be well. Manual installation is very straightforward as well:
- Upload the zip file and unzip it in the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Settings > Harrys Gravatar Cache Settings’ and enable/change the options you want. Generally this means the Size of the Gravatars.
- added: More files to scan from the hueman theme for the avatar size.
- added: Caching Gravatars in the “last comments widget” from the hueman theme.
- fixed: Gravatars from authors not always have been cached in the sidebar using Jetpacks Author widget.
- fixed: PNGs are not always cached with imageAlphaBlending for transparency. Note: The gravatar-cache MUST be emptied once after update!
- changed: “PHP file_exists” has changed to WordPress “$wp_filesystem->exists($target_file)”.
- changed: Donate button for PayPal
- changed: PNGs are now cached with compression.
- fixed: Gravatars from authors not always have been cached on an authorpage that is not “in_the_loop”.
- added: If a host set the permission of the cachefolder to 0775 by default, this is now supported. If the permissions are not set properly, you can choose between 0755 or 0775.
- fixed: Wrong checking if “active_theme” is correctly stored in the database -> an error has been shown in the backend Das Plugin verursachte 243 Zeichen unerwartete Ausgabe während der Aktivierung. Solltest du Fehlermeldungen wie „headers already sent“, Probleme mit der Syndizierung der Feeds oder andere Fehler erhalten, versuche, das Plugin zu deaktivieren oder zu löschen. and a WordPress-Database-Error in the logfile WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Duplicate column name ‘active_theme’ für ALTER TABLE
active_themeTEXT NOT NULL AFTER
copyvon activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, harrys_gravatar_cache_installation, harrys_gravatar_cache_activation, get_size_gravatar_hgc when activating the plugin after it was deactivated.
- fixed: PHP Notice: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line … was shown on pages/posts without comments.
- improved: Getting avatar size from the template.
- fixed: Gravatars from authors are cached “in_the_loop()” when “get_the_author_meta(‘user_email’)” is used doesn’t work on post/page. *Thanks to tchibomann
- fixed: Gravatars from authors are cached “in_the_loop()” when “get_userdatabylogin($author_name)” or “get_userdata(intval($author))” with “theme_locals(‘about’)” is used on a page or post doesn’t work on post/pages without an comment.
- added: Gravatars from authors are cached “in_the_loop()” when “get_userdatabylogin($author_name)” or “get_userdata(intval($author))” with “theme_locals(‘about’)” is used on a page or post.
- added: Gravatars from comments in the sidebar are cached.
- added: More files to scan from the CherryFramework for the avatar size.
- added: Function in the setting page to get the avatar size from template (again) if the template has been changed. The active theme is stored in the database.
- fixed: Proof if the “rating” for Gravatars is set. If not set rating to “R” for getting Gravatars.
- added: Gravatars from Twitter will be cached if a user comments with his profile from Twitter.
- added: A fix for caching FB picture and Google picture if the same user posts comments from both accounts in the same page/post with a “social login” plugin.
- fixed: One little bug with the button Try to get the Gravatar size from the template in version 1.5.4 is fixed.
- fixed: PHP Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_plugin_active() in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php could have been shown.
- fixed: Changing the cache time was not stored in the database
- changed: Install and uninstall routines.
- added: More internal options to get the Gravatar size from the used template.
- added: Hint on the settings page if the template has changed.
- added: If the URL sheme from the source is without http(s) the gravatars now will be chached.
- added: german (Switzerland, Informal) translations by Pascal Krapf
- added: german (Switzerland) translations by Pascal Krapf
- fixed: PHP Notice: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: avatar_size in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php on line 238 could have been shown when the plugin can’t get the Gravatar size from the template.
- fixed: PHP Notice: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 97 could have been shown in debug.log on posts/pages without a comment.
- fixed: PHP Notice: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php on line 212 could have been shown when the plugin can’t get the Gravatar size from the template.
- fixed: PHP Notice: PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php on line 220 could have been shown when the plugin can’t get the Gravatar size from the template.
- added: Path /[path_to_template]/includes/meta.php to get the Gravatar size from the template.
- fixed: Serve the Gravatars from a consistent URL if the Gravatar-images have identical contents(e.g. Standard Gravatar), but would be served from different URLs.
- added: Support the plugin Avatar Manager to serve the uploaded Gravatar from the user.
- fixed: The message “Header already sent” could have been there at activation.
- added: multisite-ready
- changed: Output for W3C Validator “Nu Html Checker” to avoid here the output for IE11
- fixed: if WP_DEBUG is turned on, the following PHP notice is seen in wp-content/debug.log file: PHP Notice: Undefined index: cache_time in /[basedir]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/harrys-gravatar-cache/harrys-gravatar-cache.php on line 563
- added: Donate buttons for PayPal and Amazon
- update: translations
- update: spanish translations by WPVerwalter
- added: german (formal) translations by Harry Milatz
- added: english (UK) translations by Harry Milatz
- added: english (New Zealand) translations by Harry Milatz
- added: english (Australia) translations by Harry Milatz
- added: get colorspaces for IE11
- changed: caches PNG now with imageAlphaBlending and imageSaveAlpha if the source was stored as JPG with the ending png. Note: The gravatar-cache MUST be emptied once after update!
- changed: supressed warnings in the log when md5 can’t get the hash for an image
- changed: Fallback if gravatar is not cached
- added: Support for the “old” IE11 to the img-attribute “srcset”.
- added: new options 1 day to 6 days for the cachetime
- update: translations
- change: behaviour to empty the cachefolder when saving changes
- added: Caching avatars from the plugin “Wapuuvatar”.
- added: ready for PHP 7
- added: Serves now the Gravatars from a consistent URL if the Gravatar-images have identical contents(e.g. Standard Gravatar), but are served from different URLs. So this saves requests.
- tweaked: Removed loading the translations for WordPress before 2.7 with $abs_rel_path.
- update: Update the fix for the fallback for creating database table
- Code cleanup for some PHP Warnings if ‘WP_DEBUG’ is set true
- added: Caching avatars from Facebook if from there are comments captured and insert in the database with a plugin like Facebook Comments Importer. Note: The gravatar-cache MUST be emptied once after update!
- fixed: Fallback for creating database table (in some cases the database table can not be created when the neccessary options for filling the database table could not be served)
- fixed: Error changing Gravatar size manually and save this correctly.
- added: Screenshot for error information when the database table is not filled successfully with the neccessary options.
- added: Proof if the “rating” for Gravatars is set. If not set rating to “R” for getting Gravatars.
- changed: proof before calling the function for caching
- update: german and spanish translation.
- fixed: Display the copy option for cUrl in the settings if cUrl is the only copy option available.
- added: Error information when the database table is not filled successfully with the neccessary options.
- update: german and spanish translation.
- added: screenshots of possible errors
- added: Feature to enter Gravatar size manually.
- update: german and spanish translation.
- changed: how to get the rating of Gravatar.
- changed: the PHP functions fopen(), file_get_contents(), file_put_contents() and cUrl were changed to the “WP Filesystem” functions.
- changed: PHP cUrl is not explicitly used anymore, it is contained in “wp_remote_fopen” and will be used if fopen won’t work.
- Code cleanup
- added: Caching of other avatars from plugins for “social login”
- changed: Fallback to the original avatar img-tag if caching was not successful
- fixed: issue with the srcset tag in mobile browsers
- added: disable the caching function in the WordPress Backend and Frontend for logged in users with admin rights
- added: filling the alt-Tag with the authorname
- fixed: W3C HTML Validation error for srcset: “&” is now escaped;
- fixed: missing CSS-classes for Gravatar Hovercards in versions 1.1.6 & 1.1.7
- added: srcset
- fixed: missing ID for in version 1.1.6
- fixed: Statistics are only displayed when there is no error
- fixed: Issue with Gravatar Hovercards
- fixed: errorhandling when the cache folder has not the correct permissions
- updated: translations
- changed: filepermission of the cached files to 0644
- changed: permissions back from 0750 to 0755 for the cache folder because of on some servers the cached gravatars could not been served and get an 403 error
- added: 44px to the gravatar size
- fixed: error on some server configurations for the path to the cached file
- changed: Statistics are only displayed when there is no error
- changed: how to recognize if there is an error with the method to get the Gravatar
- changed: how to get the “wp-content/uploads” folder
- changed: how to get the textdomain folder
- changed: how to get the cache folder and chache folder url
- fixed: database operations -> https://codex.wordpress.org/Data_Validation#Database
- fixed: correcting german translation
- fixed: an error in loading the textdomain on the settings page
- fixed: an error to proof the $_POST[‘size’]
- fixed: correcting translations
- changed: permissions from 0755 to 0750 for the cache folder
- added: english translation
- added: spanish translation by WPVerwalter
- changed: how to load textdomain
- changed: how to get the “wp-content/uploads” folder for the files