Block editor for WordPress. This is the development plugin for the new block editor in core. This is beta software, do not run on real sites.
|Author:||Gutenberg Team (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-06-2017|
|Total downloads:||5 655 195|
|Active installs:||500 000+|
Click to start download
How can I send feedback or get help with a bug?
We’d love to hear your bug reports, feature suggestions and any other feedback! Please head over to the GitHub issues page to search for existing issues or open a new one. While we’ll try to triage issues reported here on the plugin forum, you’ll get a faster response (and reduce duplication of effort) by keeping everything centralized in the GitHub repository.
How can I contribute?
We’re calling this editor project “Gutenberg” because it’s a big undertaking. We are working on it every day in GitHub, and we’d love your help building it.You’re also welcome to give feedback, the easiest is to join us in our Slack channel,
See also CONTRIBUTING.md.
Where can I read more about Gutenberg?
- Gutenberg, or the Ship of Theseus, with examples of what Gutenberg might do in the future
- Editor Technical Overview
- Design Principles and block design best practices
- WP Post Grammar Parser
- Development updates on make.wordpress.org
- Documentation: Creating Blocks, Reference, and Guidelines
- Additional frequently asked questions
- Parser: Make attribute parsing possessive (Fix High CPU usage).