Get translations with a single click between 58 languages (more than 98% of internet users) on your website!
|Author:||Translate AI Multilingual Solutions (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-03-2010|
|Total downloads:||3 268 666|
|Active installs:||100 000+|
Click to start download
Dropdown with flags
Nice dropdown with flags (closed)
Nice dropdown with flags (open)
Globe with language flags
Flags with language names
Flags with language codes
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/gtranslatedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings → GTranslate screen to configure the plugin
- There are 4 ways you can use to publish the language selector on your website
1. Floating Language Selector
You can turn on Floating language selector option from Settings → GTranslate screen and it will show the language selector in appropriate location (Top Right, Bottom Right, Top Left or Bottom Left).
2. Showing in Menu
You can select from the list of available menus in which menu the language selector should appear.
2.1 Showing in Menu as sub-menu dropdown
In addition you can create a new Custom Link menu item with URL = #, Link Text = Global and add CSS Classes = gtranslate-parent to the newly created menu item.
After that you can configure GTranslate and set Widget look = (Flags with language name/Flags with language code/Language names/Language codes) and it will appear as a dropdown when you hover on the newly created menu item.
3. Use GTranslate shortcode
You can use
[gtranslate] shortcode anywhere on your website including posts, pages, text widgets.
You can edit your template files and use
<?php echo do_shortcode('[gtranslate]'); ?> in HTML which will render the language selector.
4. Use GTranslate Widget
You can use Appearence → Widgets screen to publish GTranslate widget inside a sidebar of your template.
Please NOTE: If you are using any cache plugin, do not forget to clear your cache.
It doesn’t work, what to do?
Please check GTranslate Support Forum and feel free to create a new topic if you cannot find answers.
What is GTranslate?
GTranslate is a multilingual solution for your website.
- Multilingual solution makes your website available to the world
- One click translation helps visitors to read your site in their native language
- Free automatic translation translates your site instantly upon installation
- Professional translation by a human being is available 24/7
- Customizable layout lets you choose the suitable layout for your site
- Analytics with Google provides insight into your audience and user activity
Is it FREE?
Yes! We have free version and paid versions with advanced features.
What is the quality of translation?
We use Google neural machine translations which are very accurate for popular language pairs. In the paid versions you can refine the translations manually and order professional translations directly from your site.
You can read this blog post for more info: https://gtranslate.io/blog/translation-quality-got-better-with-neural-machine-translations
Are the translations provided free of charge?
Yes, we use Google Translate widget for website which provides free machine translations which makes it possible to make your wordpress website multilingual instantly upon installation.
Can I modify the translations?
That feature is available in our paid version. You will be able to make edits directly on the page without loosing the context.
Which languages are supported?
Here is the list: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Is it SEO compatible?
Our free version doesn’t give any SEO advantage. For SEO features and multilingual SEO you need to use our paid versions which have all the SEO advantages.
What is multilingual SEO?
Multilingual SEO is a SEO strategy which uses new content generation technique by translating your original content and making your website multilingual. By translating your website into many languages you are creating many new multilingual keywords targeted for international market. It helps to increase your search appearnce on search engines results pages (SERPs), which can generate more traffic, increase sales and rise the conversion rate.
Is URL Translation available?
In our paid versions we have a feature to translate URL of your website which will give you more SEO advantage. For example http://example.com/about-us → http://example.com/sobre-nosotros
How the free version differs from the paid versions?
What is a Translation Delivery Network?
Translation Delivery Network is a translation proxy which mirrors your website in different languages.
GTranslate TDN technology is a cloud-based approach to the website translation task. There is no need to alter your environment and install software to localize your website. You can have your multilingual website up and running in less than 5 minutes.
We will translate your content and host your translations in our cloud network. All the visits to your translated versions will be proxied through our network to your original website, so you will have a translated mirror of your website.
Can I exclude some parts from being translated?
Yes, you need to wrap the text you don’t want to be translated with <span class=”notranslate”></span>. You can add class=”nturl” to the “a” tag if you don’t want the destination URL to contain the language code.
Which websites are supported?
All the HTML websites are supported. However the contents of media files like images and flash will not be translated. You can upload a different image for each translation.
How Translation Delivery Network works?
You just need to change your DNS records to add sub-domains or domains dedicated to your languages to our Translation Delivery Network.
So when someone visits the new added sub-domain it will show the translated clone of your website.
After that you can just configure and place the GTranslate Free widget on your site to enable language selection.
What are the server requirements?
There are no server requirements! Your website can be written in any programming language and hosted on any web server.
What about updates?
Updates are done seamlessly. Since the translations are hosted on our server we take care about updates. You just use up to date service every day. No need to worry about backups.
Do I need to pay for Google Translate API key usage?
No, we provide the automatic translations for free.
Can I test before making a payment?
Yes, we have a 15 days free trial for our new customers.
Can I use it on SSL / HTTPS website?
Absolutely! You can use it for our free and paid versions.
Recently we have added support for Let’s Encrypt certificates which are provided for free if you use sub-domain URL structure.
How does the 15 day free trial work?
Trial is available for new customers only. If you do not wish to continue you may cancel any time during the trial period and you will not be charged anything.
How can I be sure that search engines will index my website?
You can check that this website is indexed in Google by searching for site:gtranslate.io.
How I can edit the translations or order professional human translations?
You need to go to the language you want to edit, for instance, French: http://domain.com/fr/ and add ?language_edit=1 to the end of the URL: http://domain.com/fr/?language_edit=1 and you will see the Edit and Add to Cart buttons near each text.
- Added support for WP REST API JSON translation for posts and categories
- Deeper integration with WooCommerce
- Integration with WooCommerce Multi-Step Checkout plugin
- Integration with Agile Store Locator plugin
- Auto switch language based on browser language settigns for paid version added
- Updated Hebrew language code for hreflang (he instead of iw)
- Multisite support added for hreflang tags
- Fix woocommerce cart cookie path when wp in installed in folder
- Fix for incorrect http response headers regex
- 2 more translation proxy servers added: ani, evn
- Hreflang tags bug fixed
- Pricing info updated
- Fix for identical hreflang tags when using www prefix for domain
- Option to add hreflang tags for translated pages
- Fix for Contact Form 7
- Admin notice added for conflicting plugins
- Disabled translation of non-selected languages when accessed directly in sub-directory URL structure mode
- Update to WordPress 4.9.1 before updating GTranslate
- Fixed update issue related to bug in new WP 4.9 flatten_dirlist function
- Non-stable: Fixed update issue related to bug in new WP 4.9 flatten_dirlist function. Important: If you are using Globe widget look, make sure to open GTranslate settings page, click “Reset Code to Default” under Widget Code section and Save.
- Fixed issue related to new version of Contact Form 7
- Ready for WordPress 4.9
- New feature: auto switch language based on browser language settigns
- Minor fixes: Greek name in native alphabet, Flag size option for Globe Widget look, vertical position in pixels
- Removed email and name from Intercom chat
- Fixed issue with double gzip compression when zlib.output_compression is on
- Lazy image loading added for popup and nice dropdown look
- Fixed languages list hiding issue on narrow screens
- Fixed popup widget look issue for mobile devices
- Changed static content paths to be relative to scheme
- Added “notranslate” class for dropdown widget look
- Added drodpown select wrapper id for easy CSS styling
- PHP URL rewriting added for some environments without .htaccess support: pantheon, flywheel, etc
- Fixed issue in url addon related to relative path location redirects
- Fixed issue for some mobile phones related to nice looking dropdown selector staying open
- Fixed issue related to Cloudflare 1000 error
- Fixed caching issue with modified translations
- Fixed relative path issue in .htaccess file for some websites which use mixed https and http
- Fixed popup view issue to show the selected language correctly
- Fixed issue when changing language from language with 3 letter language code to another
- A hint on re-ordering the languages list for better user experience was added
- Reset widget code to default button was added
- New widget look added – Popup
- Native template RTL support added
- No-scroll option added for floating language selector
- Now you can add more than one GTranslate widget to your sidebar
- Show native language names option turned off by default
- Fixed issue with initial rendering of the language selector
- Documentation updated
- Intercom live chat support integrated
- Gzip compression optimizations
- Fix for gzip compression issues on mobile phones
- Google neural machine translations, better quality!!!
- Added gzip compression for communication between server and client
- Fixed issue with double translation
- Render gtranslate selector in a submenu if the menu link has gtranslate-parent class
- Bug fixed when select tag has more than one class assigned
- Make sure default language is always selected
- Paid pricing updated
- Disable text highlighting when translated
- Fixed saving translation issue which appeared in 2.8.16 version
- Minor readme fixes
- Added option to save encoded HTML to avoid some firewall blocking
- Updated readme to look better with the new wp.org plugin updates
- Added link to easily navigate from widgets to plugin settings page
- Fix for saving issue on GoDaddy hosting
- Fix for double gziping in sub-directory URL structure when using Sucuri service
- Added Argentina and Colombia alternative flags
- Fixed bug in Nice looking dropdown look related to clicking the last dropdown element
- Fixed Quebec flag issue
- Fixed caching incompatability issue in nice looking dropdown look with GoDaddy cache, W3 Total Cache and WP Fastest Cache
- Fixed bug with Globe widget look
- Disables conflicting similar translation plugins
- Fixed bug appeared in the latest version with the number of available languages
- Tweaks to make it work better with WooCommerce
- Fixed bug when turning off native language names option
- Fixed bug with reordering languages
- Fixed bug with updating the plugin when using sub-directory option
- Fixed bug with floating selector when admin bar is visible (thanks to @redoper)
- Readme updated to comply with WordPress directory guidelines (keywords removed WPML, qtranslate, transposh, loco translate, polylang, prisna translate, gts translation, lingotek, google website translator, global translator)
- Fix for open redirect issue
- Fix for incorrect selected language in nice dropdown
- Added Quebec and Canada alternative flags for French and English
- Major changes
- Added missing flags, so all 104 languages have flags now
- New 48px size flags added
- New widget look added Flags and Language name
- New widget look added Flags and Language code
- New widget look added Language names
- New widget look added Language codes
- Fix for flags rendering issue in menu
- Fix for analytics code in onfly mode
- Fixed issue with some template conflicts
- Happy New Year! 🙂
- Fix for mystery language change when selecting default language
- .htaccess plugin_path now relative without http://example.com
- Bug fixed, scrolling for dropdown flags doesn’t work on some templates
- Fixed bug on options page related to native language names
- Plugin keywords added: multilanguage, multilingual, language, bilingual, i18n
- Vimeo videos replaced by YouTube videos: GTranslate video and Translation Proxy video
- Show languages in their native names
- Automatically select default language based on wordpress locale
- Coding issue with PHP Strict Standards and Fatal Error on some PHP versions fixed
- Error messages more informative
- New option to select in which menu the selector should appear
- Added URL add-on to easily enable sub-directory URL structure (paid)
- New option to easily enable URL Translation
- Disallow both sub-domain and sub-directory URL structure selection at the same time
- Fix for language change issue when URL Translation is on
- Floating language selector option added: Top left, Top right, Bottom left, Bottom right
- New Globe widget look added
- Plugin localization added
- Language list reordering added
- New option to render in primary menu
- Fix for depreciated code: PLUGINDIR
- Added support message
- Added Live Chat on GTranslate options page
- Plugin tags added: polylang, prisna, gts, localize, lingotek, smartling
- Plugin tags added: qtranslate, loco translate, google website translator, translate wordpress
- Plugin tags added: translate, transposh, glabol translator, machine translate, wp translate
- Alternative flags added: USA flag, Brazil flag, Mexico flag
- GTranslate settings logo moved to localhost
- Fixed possible Cross-Site-Scripting security issue
- GTranslate logo moved to localhost
- Update notice removed
- Fix for not saving GTranslate configuration on some hostings
- Tested up to 4.6
- Plugin tags modified: language translator, weglot, scrybs, wpml
- Support for Google new analytics.js added
- Notifications added
- Readme updated, demo videos added
- Fixed issue in Nice dropdown look
- Fixed issue with default language in Nice dropdown look
- Updated links, FAQ and readme
- Fixed undefined variable PHP notice
- Added 13 new languages: Amharic, Corsican, Frisian, Kyrgyz, Hawaiian, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Luxembourgish, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Shona, Sindhi, Pashto and Xhosa
- PHP notice and warning messages fixed
- Updated option names to be clear
- New widget look has been added: Nice dropdown with flags
- Hiding and showing options in settings interface to be user friendly
- Added 34 new languages!
- Support for wordpress 4.4
- Update recommended message added – a minor change compared to 2.0.2
- Added support for sites using SSL
- Admin refreshed
- Fix for flags display with some templates
- Bug fixed with new versions of PHP
- Translation queue added
- On Fly IE9 bug fixed
- On Fly method is back
- Error fixed with Chinese language in Enterprise mode
- Support for Enterprise version added
- Link and call home updated
- Custom update checker added
- Links changed
- Changed text in noscript tag
- Fixed issue with SSL admin
- Fixed installation notification on update event
- Removed unnecessary commented code
- Tracking added for collecting statistics
- Bug fixed with language change in Pro mode
- Added noscript tag
- Statistics collector temporarily disabled
- Changed the statistics collector server from Google AppEngine to GoDaddy
- Added a dummy img to collect usage statistics
- Fixed issue with the parameters saving in the admin
- Minor changes in readme.txt
- Added [GTranslate] syntax to be used inside wordpress articles/pages
- Added aff link to track visits from wordpress on my site
- Added notes, so people will not copy the code into their posts
- jQuery conflicts fixed, using default wp jquery library
- jQuery Translate updated to v1.4.7
- CSRF Security Vulnerability fix
- No changes made
- Analytics feature implemented. If you have Google Analytics _gaq code on your site you can enable it and see the language usage.
- Fixed issue with the cookie path in On Fly method
- Bug fixed: configuration settings were lost after update
- FAQ updated
- Changelog reordered
- Updated the description
- Keywords added in the description page
- FAQ updated
- Widget title changed
- Link added
- Bug fixed: magic_quotes_gpc problem
- Bug fixed: settings save problem
- Minor changes
- Stable version released
- RC2 version
- RC1 version
- Initial version for WordPress