Uses Google's URL shortener (Goo.gl) to create short links for your WordPress posts, track analytics and allows for Vainity URL.
This plugin doe
|Author:||Aaron DeMent (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-11-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
This plugin creates goo.gl short URLs for your posts, which are changed to the desired vanity url. Then you can retrieve them using the "Get Shortlink" button in your admin UI of the post or the
wp_get_shortlink() WordPress function. This also changes the link rel='shortlink’ in the document head and adds a column in the post list showing the short url as well.
REQUIRED: Need to have a Short Url domain (your.com) pointed at goo.gl and you need to have a google API Key (https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/python/guide/aaa_apikeys).
- Added setting for Google API code. Due to security reasons and google server restrictions this plugin now requires a google api code.
- added integration with Jetpack share (share daddy) Shortlinks are now used in the jetpack plugin if it is enabled.
- Added index files to all directories for security.
- Ready code for WP 4.1
- Link fix in settings page.
- cleaned code and removed info link on list view.
- added options page to change short url without editing code.
- added text file to store data instead of storing in the database.