Goldstar will provide a basic list of discount ticket offers from goldstar.com
|Author:||Goldstar (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:|
|WordPress version tested:|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-02-2014|
|Total downloads:||1 969|
Click to start download
Admin featured offer widget display settings
Admin featured offer selection list
Admin featured offer widget configuration settings
Admin affiliate ID and API key validation configuration settings
Admin plugin display settings
Front end featured offer widget example
Front end search bar and discount offer example
Install the Goldstar plugin either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server. Use the “Plugins” tab located in the left-side navbar of the Dashboard. Select “Add New” from the “Plugins” tab and enter Goldstar.com in the Search box. Then click on “Install now” link. After download is complete, click on “Activate Plugin”.
After installing the plugin contact Goldstar to obtain valid API key, Goldstar Affiliate Program.
Click on the “Settings” link for the Goldstar plugin to build a Half-Price Tickets page. Enter the API key. The API key is a long alphanumeric text string. Leave the Title and Body Text areas blank on this page.
Under “Display Settings” you can select the sort order for the offer list and which territory you would like to list offers for. Select a Territory ID from the list link and then enter that ID number into the Territory ID field. Territories correspond to the cities served by Goldstar.
Click “Save Changes.” Once your changes are saved go to “Pages” on your dashboard and create a “New Page”. Add a title like “Half Price Tickets” or “Discount Tickets”. In the body text area, add the following snippet: [goldstar-plugin hour=1 territory_id=#]. Replace “#” with the appropriate territory ID number and make sure to include the brackets.
If you would like to add more than one territory to your web site you will need to set up a separate page and add the same code snippet: [goldstar-plugin hour=1 territory_id=#]. Replace “#” with the appropriate territory ID number. You may create as many additional territories as you wish by following this format. You have access to all Goldstar territories.
Other requirements: *Write permission of goldstar/xml directory is required. *cURL extension is required. *simplexml extension is required. *json extension is required. *openssl extension is required.
To add the featured offer teaser widget, on the main Goldstar plugin admin form enter the slug of the page you are adding the main Goldstar plugin to. IMPORTANT: If the slug you enter for the widget does not match the slug of the page you have added the main Goldstar plugin to the widget will NOT display. For more information about slugs, you may wish to visit this page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary#Slug
From the main Goldstar plugin Settings admin form select the “Featured Events” tab to select the specific event offers you would like to feature in the widget. This tab is located at the top of form next to the “Configuration” tab just above the “Add New Post” field.
Next, select Appearance > Widget from the left column and then drag the “Goldstar Teaser” widget to main sidebar position you prefer. Once positioned click to open the widget’s display settings. You should enter a maximum number of offers to be featured (between 1 and 15). You may also select various font size and color attributes to customize the widget’s appearance.
Once you have completed the widget’s display settings click “Save”. Please note that the widget will only display those offers that have been manually selected and will not auto fill offers. Once all currently selected offers have expired, if no other offers have since been selected, the widget will automatically be suppressed from view.
Where can I find the installation instructions?
The installation instructions can be found in the “readme.txt” file once you have downloaded the plugin zip file.
Do I need an API key?
Yes. After installing the plugin contact Goldstar to obtain a valid API key, Goldstar Affiliate Program.
What are the requirements?
You need WordPress 3.3 or higher to run the Goldstar plugin.
- Provides list of discount offers with affiliate ID tracking
- Provides date, location and price search filters
- Provides links directly to Goldstar’s ticket purchasing page
- Readme file updates
- All category check box fields are now pre-selected.
- Additional error messages added
- Search bar icon wrapping fix.
- Search bar spacing fix.
- Constraining of offer image size fix
- Category filtering fix
- Update plugin’s css to run compatible with most of themes
- Bug fixes and adds two new js files
- Readme file updates, bug fixes
- CSS compatibility fixes
- Integrate Goldstar API’s image
- Move xml file to wp-content/uploads/goldstar-xml folder
- Default image size modification
- Consolidated js files, modified default image size, modified container size
- Design modifications, new featured offer “teaser” widget
- Readme file updates, modified screenshot
- Fixed https compatibility issue
- $category_link and $territory_link changed to “https”
- Add a new “Popularity” sort order that will display the events EXACTLY as they appear in the feed.
- Modifications to support new XML field.
- Add territory slug to the end of the “Check Availabiltiy” button URL
- Territory slug fix
- Changed Readme text file instructions. No longer necessary to enter Affiliate ID number in config form
- Modified event image path