Auto Summarize your content with the Gist Button.
|Author:||Gist, Yrals Inc. (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||1.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-10-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
The Gist Button is an innovative plugin to let users see the summary of your wordpress article.
GIST's mission is to disburden you from long form online content, which is done primarily by reducing the text to only the most important sentences.
GIST accomplishes its mission by
1. Using natural language processing algorithms that scan each piece of text.
2. Ranking sentences by importance using that algorithm.
3. Identifying the biggest keyword and condensing the piece to only sentences that are most relevant to that keyword.
4. Removing transition sentences.
5. Removing excessive examples.
Here's how the plug-in works:
1) Analyse the frequency of each word in the text.
2) Assign each word with a score depending on their frequency.
3) Detect which periods represent the end of a sentence. (e.g "Mr." does not).
4) Isolate the text into individual sentences.
5) Rank sentences by the sum of their words' points.
6) Return the most highly ranked sentences in chronological order.
Gist content of blog post in overlay
Gist button on page bottom-left.
Screen when the Gist Button plugin is active.
Selection of features for the Gist Button
Login screen for validating plugin.
Selection of theme for Gist Button.
What is Gist Button?
Gist Button lets a user auto summarise wordpress content
- Introductory release.