Allows creation of custom iCal feeds for upcoming events, based on event category. Requires Modern Tribe's – The Event Calendar.
|Author:||Amanda Dalziel (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.17|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-07-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 091|
Click to start download
This plugin is an extension of Modern Tribe’s – The Events Calendar, as such it will not function without that plugin on your WordPress installation.
This plugin and myself have no affiliation with Modern Tribe and do not represent the company or its products.
The plugin was designed to create dynamic iCal feeds from your Calendar’s events.
Those feeds can then be used to plug into other copies of The Events Calendar, on other websites. Specifically, by using Modern Tribe’s FREE event importing feature for “iCalendar”. Simply paste the URL into the appropriate box and wala!
Thus, the creation of distributed event calendaring.
If you have any problems, please email me directly: amanda at dalziel dot net dot au
“I don’t always test my code, but when I do… I do it in production.”
Do I need Modern Tribe’s – The Event Calendar?
Do you work for Modern Tribe?
When are you releasing version 2.0?
When are you releasing version 3.0?
What new features will version 3.0 have?
I have no idea. Why don’t you tell me?
- Plugin name changed
- Fixed bug when adding a feed, straight after deleting a feed
- Temporarily fixed a bug involving the plugin checking for The Events Calendar but because WordPress doesn’t always load plugins in the same order, this was a tricky bug to squash. Threaded bugs usually are.
- Removed references to deprecated TribeEvents class
- Split plugin into tabs (export, options)
- Restructured the code to allow for future calendar systems
- Added feature to add a custom permalink to any feed
- Added geo-coordinates for non-Pro versions of The Events Calendar – requires your own Google API key
- Added feature to export featured images of events as an ical attachment
- Added a link to the calendar feed to the bottom of Events pages
- Restricted permissions
- Only loaded js and css on actual page that needs them
- Restricted ajax access
- Added cleanup functions on deactivation
- Added update functions on activation, I hope they work.
- The update now adds necessary roles
- Changed the donate link to my account, rather than Modern Tribe
- Updated info in readme about Modern Tribe’s FREE Event Aggregator
- Added images for the banner and icon in WordPress.org plugin search
- Changed the banner image
- Added monumental timezone support because although it passed one validator, it failed another.
- Stoopid mother frickin’ colon was missing from the organizer CN which borked EVERYTHING up. Stoopid colon. Grr.
- I was issuing a security decree against every ajax call that was not mine. I think all it did was clog up the error_log. But that’s enough to annoy me.