An RSS widget plug-in, which displays feeds like news ticker effect with thumbnails, multiple tabbed feeds, customizable colour styles and more
|Author:||David Raison (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-12-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 879|
Click to start download
How can I customize the RSS widget externally ?
You can use the
super-rss-reader-widget class in your stylesheet to control the widget styling. Other classes are,
srr-tab-wrap– the tab’s class.
srr-wrap– the wrapper of the widget.
srr-item.odd– to control the odd feed items.
srr-item.even– to control the even feed items.
Will the additional ticker effect slows the site ?
No, the additional effect needs only 3.4 Kb of additional file. I think that’s not too heavy to slow down the site.
How to create a tabbed mode or multiple feeds ?
Just enter the RSS feed URLs separated by comma in the widget, the plug-in automatically renders the tab.
For more FAQs just check out the official page.
- Pluggable function srr_print
- srr_item_properties filter hook
- Refactored codebase
- Date_format and meta_placement options
- New name and new maintainers
- Added feature to change individual tab titles/names.
- Added feature to enable rich or full description.
- Fixed feed ordering issues.
- Updated jQuery easy ticker plugin to v2.0.
- Minor code revisions.
- Added feature to cut down/strip feed titles.
- Added a new ‘Simple modern’ color style.
- Fixed incompatibility of other jQuery plug-ins due to the usage of the latest version of jQuery.
- Displays “thumbnail” of the feed item if available.
- Added setting to change ticker speed.
- Added setting to edit the “Read more” text.
- Default styles are revised.
- Switched to full size ticker code.
- Core code revised.
- Added option to open links in new window.
- Changed the method to include the scripts and styles.
- Added a new ‘Orange’ colour style.
- Core code is completely rewritten.
- Flash RSS Reader is removed and instead jQuery is used.
- Administration panel used in the previous version is removed and settings are configured in the widget itself.
- Second version with included CSS and Proxy file (loadXML.php).
- Initial version with a flash RSS Reader