Allows the ability to have a membership based page and post restrictions.
|Author:||Ben M. Ward (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||25-08-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 276|
Click to start download
Protect your content with Levels. Levels can protect Posts, Pages and Categories. Levels are not sequential, they are more like groups. Currently the Payment gateways are non-functional due to stripping out the copy-protection during the open sourcing process. These will be restored over time, including: PayPal, Authorize.net and Google Checkout.
Where did this come from?
Synergy Software Group LLC (now out of business) open-sourced their commercial WordPress plugin WP-Membership 1.1.3. This plugin is based on that original source tree. (Thus why it starts on version 1.1.4)
When is feature “X” going to be done?
I work on Free WP-Membership as time permits, so the best answer I can give is “When it’s done”. With that said it is open source and you can contribute to it. To do so simply fork the project on GitHub and submit a pull request with your changes.
Now while I don’t have any specific dates things will be done, I am keeping a current list of the sequence things are planned to be done at Issues and GitHub.
What is currently being worked on?
- Register pages now use Short codes
- Enhanced the Dashboard Widget
- Short code based partial content protection
- Updated minimum supported WordPress version to 2.8.0
- Moved Payment Gateway Interface (for future refactor)
- Added a Login Widget
- Enhanced minimum requirements checking
- List % completed progress by Milestone in News & Info
- Converted the LoginFrom, RegistrationForm and UserProfileForm macros to WordPress Shortcode
- Added a requirements check to the activation code
- More general code cleanup (added comments, removed unused filters, refactored and reorginized code paths, etc)
- Issues on News & Info are now sorted by release milestone
- fixed an error in the installation of 1.1.6 that caused a server 500 error
- Updated the readme.txt to better conform with WordPress.org’s parser
- Refactored Option Tabs (Code Cleanup)
- Added Important Links to News & Info tab
- Added Issues to News & Info tab
- Fixed some more navigation issues (broken by removing the DRM) when accessing Payment Gateways, Feedback or Troubleshooting from the Settings menu
- Integrated with WordPress.org’s plugin database
- Added an error message to the Feedback tab indicating that it’s currently non-functional
- Fixed some navigation that was broken after stripping out DRM
- Payment Gateways were broken due removal of DRM
- Stripped DRM from the original plug-in
- Initial release as Open Source