Foster Me offers a filterable and searchable list of all animals that need a foster home at your shelter.
|Author:||Stephanie Chow (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-08-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 458|
Click to start download
Offering a filterable and searchable list of all animals that need a foster home at your shelter (no coding needed).
Foster Me! allows you to create and manage animals at your rescue that are in need of a foster home. Uploaded animals are added to an advanced filterable and searchable interface. Users can then search by animal’s name, or check off their preferences for what type of pet they are looking to foster. Each pet can be clicked on to display more information. Customize colors, list fostering info, and link to your foster application.
- Filterable - Filter by Type, Age, Size, Gender, Temperament, and Special Needs
- Searchable - List is narrowed with every letter you type into search bar
- Click On Any Pet - to view more information and photos
- List Your Fostering Info - such how it works what to expect when you foster.
- Colors - are completely customizable to match your brand.
- Image Widget - Place in sidebar to display a linkable, rotating image of foster pets.
- Recently Added Widget - Place in sidebar to display your most recently added fosters.
Under the Fosters menu, click on Settings 1. Customize colors- Choose the colors from the color picker 2. Type in the link to your foster application and contact form. You must type in the full url (Example - http://www.mywebsite.com/myadoptionform/) 3. Type in information about the fostering process in the textarea. Here you can list how it works and what one can expect after fostering. 4. After filling out all the fields click save
Two widgets come with this plugin:
Foster Me: Image Widget - displays a random clickable photo of a foster pet. Link to your fosters page and customize the look of the button.
- Under the Appearance menu, click on Widgets.
- Drag "Foster Me: Image Widget" into your sidebar.
- To show the button, choose to link to the pet's page, or all fosters page.
- Customize the button by typing in your text and choosing a color.
- Optionally choose to show the pet's name on the image.
Foster Me: Recently Added - displays the most recently added fosters on your website
- Under the Appearance menu, click on Widgets
- Drag "Foster Me: Recently Added" into your sidebar
- Optionally choose to show the dates the pets were added