Quickly and easily build forms with a simple drag-and-drop interface and in-place editing.
|Author:||Strategy11 (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-12-2009|
|Total downloads:||4 588 608|
|Active installs:||200 000+|
Click to start download
Build professional WP contact forms without any code.
Form builder plugin page for creating a contact form, survey, registration form, quote form, payment form, calculator form, quiz form, and many more.
Field Options and CSS Layout Classes on the form creator page
Field Options for checkbox fields in the form maker
View, create, edit, and delete entries on the back end from a contact form, employment application form, to do list, order form, and more.
Add a WordPress contact form into your sidebar with a widget
How do I get started with the best WordPress contact form plugin?
The fastest way to build a contact form is to use the contact form template we built for you. After you activate Formidable Forms, insert [formidable id=contact-form] on the WordPress page of your choice. That’s it!
Want to make a new contact form? Go to the Formidable -> Forms page and click “add new”. Choose the Contact Us form template on the form buider page and click “Load Template”. Save your new contact form.
Next, edit or create a WordPress contact page for the contact form. Click the “Formidable” button to open the form shortcode builder. Choose your contact form and insert it into the WordPress page. Save the contact page for a beautiful WP contact form, ready to collect and store your leads.
Learn more about using the contact form template.
My contact forms are not sending emails. Why not?
When you do not receive emails from your contact forms, try the following steps:
- Double check that your email address is present and correct in your Email form action on the form settings page of the form builder. The [admin_email] shortcode uses the email address from your WordPress Settings -> General page.
- Are receiving other emails from your site (ie comment notifications, forgot password…)? If not, form emails will not work either.
- Check your SPAM box.
- Try a different email address in your contact form settings in the form builder.
- Install WP Mail SMPT or another similar emailing plugin and configure the SMTP settings.
- If none of these steps fix the contact form email problem and no other WP emails are going out, please contact your web host.
How do I edit the field names in the form maker?
The contact form field labels and descriptions are changed with in-place edit in the form builder. Click on the label you would like to change and it will turn into a text field.
See more FAQs for making an amazing contact form or advanced online form.
What types of WordPress forms can I build with Formidable Forms?
Formidable Forms drag & drop form builder combined with our add-ons is the most powerful contact form plugin and advanced form builder plugin on the market. Here are some types of WordPress forms you can create:
- Simple Contact Forms
- Advanced Contact Forms
- Custom Contact Forms
- Multi-Page Contact Forms with progress bar
- Dynamic Contact Forms (where fields change based on user’s answers)
- Request a Quote Contact Form
- Job Application Contact Form
- Feedback Survey Contact Form
- Make a Suggestion Contact Form
- Testimonials Contact Form
- Change Request Forms
- Online Booking Forms
- Event Booking Form
- Online RSVP Forms
- Custom WordPress User Registration Forms (Great for membership sites)
- WordPress Login Forms
- Custom WordPress User Profile Forms
- WordPress Post Submission Forms (Great for Guest Posts)
- Credit Card Payment Forms
- PayPal Payment Form
- Stripe Payment Form
- Make a Donation Forms
- T-Shirt Order Forms
- Product Purchase Forms
- Lead Capture Forms
- Newsletter Signup Forms
- MailChimp Signup Forms
- AWeber Contact Forms
- Constant Contact Forms
- GetResponse Signup Forms
- MailPoet Newsletter Signup Forms
- Active Campaign Forms
- Salesforce CRM Forms
- HubSpot CRM Forms
- Multilingual WPML Contact Forms
- Multilingual Polylang Contact Forms
- Auto forms with car make and model
- Video Release Forms
- Partnership Agreement Forms
- PTO Request Contact Form
- Online Petition Form
- Contact Forms that Require a Signature
- Custom Signature Forms
- Maintenance Request Contact Form
- Scholarship Application Forms
- File Download Forms
- Employment Verification Forms
- Make a Referral Contact Form
- Volunteer Registration Contact Form
- Membership Registration Forms
- Event Registration Forms
- Custom Survey Forms
- Poll Forms
- Quiz Forms
- Members Only Contact Form
- Advanced Mortgage Calculator
- Car Payment Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- User Age Calculator
- Online Quote Calculator
- Recipe Reviews Form
I’d like access to all advanced form, view, and reporting features. How can I get them?
To get access to more features, integrations, and support, upgrade to Formidable Forms Pro. A Pro license gives you access to the full version of Formidable Forms for more advanced contact forms, Formidable Views, graphs and stats, priority support, and Formidable Forms Add-ons!
- New: Improved autoupdating and installation for form add-ons
- Tweak: Only show the form add-ons page to those who can activate plugins
- Fix: Radio button shadows had a box around them in some browsers
- Fix: Don’t mark an entry as a duplicate when the second entry includes more fields than the first
- Code: Move deprecated code to its own folder
- New: When HTML5 is used, auto add the http in a url field if it is omitted by the user