Put a footer on your site that boosts your credibility with both search engines and human visitors.
|Author:||Russell Jamieson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-12-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||197 827|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
- Footer Putter can create two widgets: a Footer Copyright Widget and a Trademarks Widget
- Include your site accreditations to demonstrate that your business meets the required standards for your industry
- Create a footer that gives your site the credibility that it belongs to a real business
- Include a footer menu with links to Contact, Privacy and Terms and Conditions Pages
- Include a copyright statement that updates automatically when the year changes - an out of date copyright is a negative signal for Google
- Include a telephone number to prove you are a real business
- Include a postal address to prove you are a real business
- Include a email address to prove you are a real business
- Supports both a single line centred footer and a multi-line right aligned footer
- The Footer hook setting allows you to add the footer in just the right place on themes that do not have suitable widget areas
- Predefined classes tiny, small, light, dark and white make it easy to change footer size and color if required.
- Can append company contact information to Privacy and Terms and Conditions pages.
- Added widget visibility control: "show always", "do not show on landing pages", "only show on landing pages".
- Automatic HTML5 support
- Option to use HTML5 microdata for Organization in accordance with Google recommendations
- Option to apply rel=nofollow automatically to footer trademark links
- Option to hide Powered By WordPress on TwentySomething themes
Example of a footer with both a copyright widget and a trademark widget
Setting up Footer Credits copyright and address details
Creating a typical footer menu
Adding a trademark link
Adding widgets into the Credibility Footer widget area
Configuring the Footer Copyright Widget
Configuring the Footer Trademarks Widget
- Why is a footer important? By creating an appropriate footer you can enhance the credibility of your site by informing visitors on how to contact you, asserting copyright over the site content, setting out the legal terms and conditions for using the site, and establishing the trade associations or other bodies that recognize the legitimacy of your business.
- Install Footer Putter either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the zip file to your server
Fix module name error
Support for email address encoding
- Checked for WordPress 4.3 compatibility
- Updated to use dismissible Admin Notices for messages
- Now uses tabbed metaboxes
- Added option to hide Powered By WordPress on the TwentySomething themes
- Re-enabled Admin Toolbar if all actions were removed on the wp_footer hook
Updated for WordPress 4.1, bug fix to privacy page terms, and added useful links and DIYWebmastery news feed sections in the sidebar
For full version history please see http://www.diywebmastery.com/plugins/footer-putter/footer-putter-version-history/