Organise your pages into folders for easy filtering. Perfect for large amounts of pages.
|Author:||Premio (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-05-2015|
|Total downloads:||384 990|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
Folders is a WordPress plugin that enables users to quickly organize all of their Pages, Posts and Media files in folders. You can easily drag and drop items into directories and change the folders tree view (hierarchy) as you wish. Need more than 10 folders? Check out Folders Pro Plans.
How Folders Plugin Can Help You
There are several ways professionals are using the Folders file manager plugin to organize their WordPress content:
- Keep all of your media files organized in folders and subfolders, including photos, videos, music, main website pages and blog posts. You can also place media in multiple subfolders, such as images used on different pages.
- Web developers: keep your clients’ website pages in proper order during and after development. You can also mark a folder with a star or give it a unique name for clients to understand what is important and what they should (or shouldn’t) touch.
- Bloggers: manage your own content with ease with this file manager plugin. Never get confused again – organize photos and content by topics, categories, and/or dates.
- Quickly upload pages, media, and content to your WordPress and easily organize them into directories so they’re never lost. It’s content creation and organization at its finest!
- Mark certain folders as important to quickly find the content you need for your WordPress projects and tasks. No worries of your content getting lost in a sea of directories!
Note: adding a page/post/image into a folder will not change its URL.
A live demo for the Folders plugin is available at Premio’s demo site.
Join the Premio community
Have any questions or feature suggestions? We’d love to hear from you. Join our Facebook group to share ideas and get updates about new features.
So How Does it Work?
It’s rather simple really – once you install the plugin, you can begin using it. If you’re a content creator, you can upload text, images, videos, and audio at the click of a button. Then you can organize everything you upload into neat subfolders. For instance, you can create a media folder, content folder, and image folder, then have them all organized by date. It has a drag and drop interface, making it user-friendly for everyone. It’s like having your own media library at your own disposal. You can create this media library for yourself or others – it’s perfect for website owners and content professionals!
Here Are Some Use Cases
Wondering how you can use this pages, posts and media library folders for your online business? Here’s are a few use cases:
Bloggers: Easily upload content for blogs, including text, photos, videos, and audio files. Then manage everything you upload by placing them in clearly labeled media library folders.
Web developers: Design websites in an organized fashion by uploading graphics, animations, site elements, and content – all packaged neatly in directories.
E-Commerce businesses: Quickly upload new products and descriptions and then place them in folders organized by categories. For example, shoes, dresses, suits, and under garments.
Photographers: As a photographer, you may take hundreds of photos per month and many media categories. If you’re uploading them to your website, then things can get pretty hectic. Use folders to organize your photographs into media library folders by type, such as people, animals, nature, environment, real estate, weddings, and so on.
Publishers: You have a lot of content to manage, edit, and publish. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a way to organize it all? With Folders, you can organize every piece of content and media used in each piece into neat posts folders, pages folders, and media categories based on the media type, date, topic, and so on.
Digital Agencies: You’re creating all sorts of content for your clients daily – ads, blog posts, social media content, videos, media categories, and all kind of wordpress media library files. Now, you can easily organize it all by file type, topic, campaign, or other categories using the Folders plugin.
FOLDERS PLUGIN FEATURES:
- Create new folders
- Create and organize subfolders
- Drag and drop pages, posts, and media library
- You can also move media library files, pages, posts, or any custom post to folders without using our drag and drop feature. Whenever you select any element or select some elements in bulk, you can move it to a folder using our dropdown menu
- Select specific folders when you add media to your pages, posts or any other post type
- Drag and drop folders, change order, and hierarchy
- Upload directly to a media library folder – you can easily upload images or any other kind of files to a specific folder
- Select a default folder for your media library, posts, pages, and custom posts – you can select the folder that will load by default when you open your media library, pages, posts, and custom posts. For example, you can show all the unassigned files whenever you open the media library.
- New! Sort your folders – you can sort your folders based on name and creation date
- New! Media Library folders upload progress bar – track the progress of your uploads to the media library in real time.
- Bulk select images and media files and drag them to any folder. No worries, you can also drag and drop media library files one-by-one if you want
Check out the Folders plugin in action with the media library
Organize posts, pages, and custom posts with ease
Organize WordPress media library folders
Organize WordPress pages folders
Organize WordPress posts folders
Advanced Folders settings like download folder as zip, duplicate folder, add a star, sticky folders, and more
- Is there a time limit for the free plan?
No. you can use the free plan as long as you want.
- Can I import folders form other plugins?
Yes you can! Currently, we support FileBird, Enhanced Media Library, Wicked Folders, Real Media Library, WP Media Folder, HappyFiles (Happy Files) and Mediamatic
- Does Folders change the URL of my images/posts/pages?
No. adding a page/post/image into a folder will not change its URL
- Can I replace media library files with Folders plugin?
Yes, you can! Whenever you change media library files, the change will reflect on all of your pages, posts, and more
- Do I need any coding skills to use Folders plugin?
No! just activate the plugin and you’re good to go.
- Can I use Folders plugin on more than 1 domain?
There 2 ways to do it:
1. You can install the free Folders plugin on any website you want
2. You can buy the Pro plan that includes licenses for 5 domains, or the Agency plan that includes licenses for 20 domains.
Check out our plans page.
- How long is my paid Folders plugin license valid for?
Once you purchase any <a href=”https://premio.io/downloads/folders/” target=”_blank” title=Folders plans page”>paid plan of Folders, you can use it forever. Support and updates are available for 1 year. You can renew your license each year to get another year of support and updates.
- Will Folders stop working if I don’t renew my license?
Of course NOT! 🙂
Your Folders plugin and all your settings will continue to work as before; however, you will no longer receive plugin updates including feature additions, improvements, and support.
- How do I activate my pro plan?
Just follow our pro installation guide.
- Is there a live demo for Folders
A live demo for the Folders plugin is available at Premio’s demo site.
List view folders bulk actions bug fixed
Import folders from HappyFiles (Happy Files) and Mediamatic + fixed some bugs
iPad bugs fixed
Replace media feature, import option (FileBird, Enhanced Media Library, Wicked Folders, Real Media Library, and WP Media Folder), create multiple folders at once (comma separated), option to hide Folders settings from main menu, bug fixed
WordPress 5.6 compatibility + Visual composer overlapping bug fixed
Various bugs fixed
Gallery related bugs and items-counter issues were fixed
We’ve significantly improved the drag and drop experience (and we’ve also fixed some bugs)
Folders settings checkbox bug fix and some other minor bugs were fixed
Quick edit and search folder fix
CSS bug fixed
Various bugs were fixed after our last major release
Divi bug fixed
New and better design! We’ve added a search field, the minimum size of the Folders area is much smaller now, we’ve added Folders to the add media view, added a duplicate option, and many other cool features and bug fixes.
Sort your folders based on name and creation date. We’ve also added some usability improvements, fixed some WPML and Polylang issue, and fixed some bugs
When you use a media library folder in pages and posts, your choice will be stored for next uses. We’ve also fixed some RTL UI issues. You can also remove the upper folders if you want. We’ve added an option to bulk move files in the media library in list mode (not using drag and drop).
The Add new page of the media library is not connected to Folders
Update issue fixed
Pages folders and posts folders count fix
Added support for non-public custom posts
Width issue for posts, pages, and custom posts + onboarding for new users
From now on when you clone/edit/publish pages, posts and custom posts in a specific folder, you’ll stay in that folder
Small bugs fixed including: folder filtering bugs (trash, draft etc), WooCommerce products duplicate bug, quick edit in folders, Media Library Assistant compatibility and more
Added a progress bar when you upload files to the media library folders. You can now track how many files were uploaded in real time. We’ve also fixed a default folders bug.
PHP 7.3 fix
Move elements (media library, posts, pages, custom posts) to folders by selecting the element and selecting the relevant folder from our dropdown. Also added some UI improvements 🙂
Fixed long folders names bug
Polylang media library fix
Translation support change
Added translation support
Folder order when adding a media library file to posts/pages fix, and infrastructure improvments
Thrive Themes Architect bug fixed
You can bulk delete folders now. You can also create a new folder from the upload screen in the media library. We’ve also fixed some bugs like Polylang compatibility bug, folders order bug, default folder bug, and other minor bugs.
You can customize the folders look and feel now: change colors, font, and size of folders. We’ve also added some features to improve the easy-of-use like Enter key to create a new folder and more.
We’ve added an indication for succesful actions (like moving elements into a folder, changing folders names etc)
Select a default folder for your media library, pages, posts, and custom posts. We’ve also added a knowledge base with all FAQs.
Better media library to folders bulk drag and drop in list mode
Folder organization dropdown bug
Better folder drag and drop
Folders is much faster and smoother now. We’ve also fixed a media library resolution bug for Mac+Safari
Class variable folder fixes
- Replaced sweetalert to avoid conflicts with other plugins
- Folders settings type bug fixed
- Fixed collapsed menu state bug
- Screen resolution bug fixed
- Upgrade fix
- Better drag and drop, SportPress support
- Now you can drag and drop single media library files without clicking on the “Organize” button. We’ve also fixed a WooCommerce products page bug, Safari issue and some other media library issues
- You don’t need to hit the “Organize” button each time you drag media files now, once you click on it you get into “Organize mode” until you click on the “Cancel” button + when you upload new media files you can select the folder in advance + fixed the hidden div thanks @nubess
- Move one media file/post/page/custom post to more than one folder + quick edit bug fix 🙂
- You can now minimize the folders section if you need that extra space 🙂
- Now you can see all the unassinged media folder files, pages, posts and custom posts
- Some exciting updates including: select relevant folders when you add media, keep your media library toolbar sticky when you organize you media, we support custom posts now, security fixes, bug fixes and more!
- Upgrade page change
Fixed the collision with Enhanced Media Library plugin
Fixed php warnings for php higher version than 5.4
PHP 7.2 bug fix
- Brand New UI, Drag and Drop option, organize within the pages, posts and media library
- Fixed bugs
- Fixed error notice on admin columns.
- Added icon.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Changed admin side content.
- Fixed error notice on admin columns.
- Fixed item count.
- Fixed error notice on columns.
- Fixed issue with HTTPS not working with bulk editing media files.
- Fixed issue with WordPress 4.4.
- Added bulk media folder assignment. This should now work on WordPress installations that are within a sub-directory as well as those that are not.
- Fixed undefined offset notices.
(Thanks to Jon Chapman @ cedargroup.uk.com for bringing this to our attention)
- Removed a var_dump.
- Fixed bug where folders filter was not working on pages.
- Changed folder icon to better suit wordpress dashboard theme.
- Fixed term count in media folders.
- Added limited support for Bulk media editing. (Full support coming soon, some users may experience issues with the bulk editor for the time being).
- Removed function init causing AJAX errors with wordpress. (To be fixed in a later version).
- Reduced permissions to editor.
- Fixed issue with post type names showing as underscores rather than spaces in folder names.
- Fixed bug with filters breaking if no folders are setup.
- Text based changes.
- Fixed folders not displaying in columns for posts/custom post types.
- Fixed menus not displaying correctly for some users.
- Minor changes to options page.
- Added clean-up on un-install.
- Fixed bug with Media folders not being editable.
- Added support for media (attachments).
- Added support for custom post types.
- Folders Plugin Released.