Generate random and fascinating facts on your WordPress website using shortcode.
|Author:||Martin Khoury (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-11-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
To install the plugin manually:
- Extract the contents of the archive (zip file)
- Upload the facts folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins’ folder
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins section in your WordPress admin panel.
Upload via the WordPress administration panel:
- Click on “Plugins” in the left panel, then click on “Add new”.
- You should now see the Install Plugins page. Click on “Upload”.
- Click on Browse and select your “facts.zip” file.
- Click on “Install now”, activate it and you’re done!
What will the plugin do?
The FACTS plugin will retrieve a random fact from our own API and display the data anywhere on your website.
I can’t see shortcode in my WordPress sidebar. What should I do?
There’s an option to uncomment a single line at the bottom of the facts.php file that’ll enable shortcodes in widgets. Additional information is available on our support website.
Where can I go for more information?
View the complete FAQs and other information here.
* Revised JSON API.
* Revised code.
- Initial Release. Basic plugin only with only early features.