Obfuscate your email address or other sensitive information with a shortcode to prevent spam and automated harvesting of data.
|Author:||khromov (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-12-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||10 284|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
How does this plugin prevent my email address or other personal information from being harvested?
of email harvesting techniques.
What browsers is this plugin compatible with?
Internet Explorer 6 and up, any Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera version.
How do you obfuscate information other than email addresses?
To obfuscate phone numbers, names and other sensitive information, pass the parameter linkable=”0″. This will print anything you
put in the “email” field as text onto your page, fully protected.
You can customize this message by passing the noscript_message=”” parameter to the shortcode.
Is the solution bulletproof?
- Improved way of displaying emails, using getElementByID and innerHTML(). This plugin is no longer dependent on document.write and can now be used when data is displayed via AJAX. Compatibility with major browsers should be unaffected.
- Fix update issue
- Added support for a tag title attribute via the tag_title=”title” shortcode attribute.
- Fixed issue with additional space being added after email address. (Thanks to omdaddi)
- Fixed compatibility issue with PHP 5.2 (5.3 is still recommended)
- Fixed a bug that made use_htmlentities setting not work.
- Minor documentation fixes
- Changed Plugin URI to the plugin page at WordPress.org
- Initial release