impleCode eCommerce Product Catalog is great choice to sell easy and quick or just beautifully present products on WordPress website.
|Author:||impleCode (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-01-2014|
|Total downloads:||420 328|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Default product catalog archive.
Default product page.
Plain product page
Classic grid product catalog archive.
Classic list product catalog archive.
Product edit/add screen.
Product catalog settings.
- WordPress 3.5 or greater (The latest version is always recommended)
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater (PHP 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of impleCode eCommerce Product Catalog, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “impleCode” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our product catalog plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our product catalog plugin and uploading it to your web-server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the product catalog pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting ‘save’. That should return things to normal.
Is it possible to use eCommerce product catalog without ecommerce functionality?
Yes, just leave the product price empty and you will disable ecommerce functionality.
Are there any payment gateways?
By default eCommerce Product Catalog works without online payments.
There are payment gateways available on the extensions page.
Will eCommerce Product Catalog work with my theme?
Yes. eCommerce Product Catalog will work with any theme but in some cases may require some styling to make it match nicely. Please see Theme Integration Guide for help.
Why product image is not working?
If you cannot add product image it means that your theme is not supporting featured image feature. Please see WordPress Codex.
How to change category prefix “All”?
To change category prefix or any other front-end text go to product settings > Front-end labels and change to empty or any value.
Where can I request new features, themes and extensions?
We are available on the support forum and through impleCode website.
Where can I report bugs and contribute to the project?
Bugs can be reported on the support forum.
How to disable AJAX on filter widgets and pagination?
If you prefer page reload instead of AJAX functionality place the following line of code in your theme functions.php file:
remove_action( ‘enqueue_catalog_scripts’, array( ‘ic_catalog_ajax’, ‘enqueue_styles’ ) );
Where can I find impleCode documentation and user guides?
Documentation is available here.
Is this an ecommerce plugin?
Yes, but it is not a store. See the question below.
What’s the difference between eCommerce Product Catalog and classic ecommerce plugin (e.g. store)?
This is not a store. It’s main purpose is to present products or services on the website in a convenient and easy to manage way. It’s more lightweight than most of eCommerce Plugins. It’s commonly used for company pages or blogs with product catalogue. It’s easily CSS customizable and has 3 themes for product listings in the default version. It can be extended to work with product quotes (for products without price), order forms (for product with price), payment gateways, PDF specifications and even separate catalogues with separate menus in admin.
2.8.12 – 17/07/2018
- Fix compatibility errors for PHP < 5.3
- Product listing theme files names changed to avoid confusion when creating a custom template
2.8.11 – 05/07/2018
- Admin usability and styling improvements – configuration tips added
2.8.10 – 29/06/2018
- Fix a problem when eCommerce Product Catalog breaks WordPress customizer with some themes
- [show_products] shortcode now by default shows up to 100 products to avoid server timeout errors, this can be changed with product_limit shortcode parameter
2.8.9 – 27/06/2018
- Fix the eCommerce Product Catalog plugin activation problems with some themes
2.8.8 – 22/06/2018
- Fix show products shortcode when sorting by include parameter
- Now the ecommerce configuration wizard will reset on activation only if there are no products added
2.8.7 – 04/06/2018
- eCommerce shortcodes to display products work fine again
2.8.6 – 01/06/2018
- eCommerce Product Catalog privacy info added
- Now eCommerce Product Catalog doesn’t use any cookies if the Quote Cart and Shopping Cart are disabled
2.8.5 – 17/05/2018
- Problems with ecommerce category page title on some themes fixed
- Unnecessary semicolon on modern grid product listing removed
- Same image showing up on the ecommerce product listing on some themes fixed
2.8.4 – 11/05/2018
- Ability to edit each individual ecommerce product listing element, also classic grid, modern grid and classic list with template files placed in child theme folder
- Database and disk usage performance improved when displaying ecommerce pages
- Now product details box shows up when the product weight or product size is disabled
2.8.3 – 08/05/2018
- Fix the product listing on category page when category widget is placed in the ecommerce filters bar
- Fix the edit product link on the WordPress admin bar when logged in as administrator on any of the eCommerce Product Catalog pages
- The currency switcher in the catalog settings and the configuration wizard now shows the currency code first for better usability
2.8.2 – 07/05/2018
- Fix wrong page title for some themes on eCommerce Product Catalog category pages. If you still see some incompatibility with the theme please let us know on the support forum
2.8.1 – 05/05/2018
Two tweaks for the magnifier feature that appears on each ecommerce product page:
- Tweak – magnifier disabled on small screens for better usability – now the product page magnifier will not work on the smartphone screen. Only the lightbox will be available as in previous releases. On desktop the magnifier will work as expected on each ecommerce page.
- Tweak – magnifier option in WordPress customizer to disable or enable (the customizer opens when you click the Customize Page Design link on individual ecommerce page in admin options section when logged in)
2.8.0 – 29/04/2018
eCommerce Product Catalog gets 4 new features:
- Feature – optional ecommerce product comparison – when you define ecommerce parameters comparison page in settings > attributes a new compare button will show up on each product page. When the button is clicked it will redirect the user to the comparison page where another product can be selected to be compared.
- Feature – optional magnifier on main product image – when you point the mouse cursor over the main product image on ecommerce product catalog individual product page it wil show the magnified portion of the image on the left or right side depending of the product page template enabled
- Feature – optional size field with different units available and size filter widget – now you can define height, width and length for each product in ecommerce. You can use it if the size is important for the products that you sell of offer. The customer will be able to use the size filter to display products only within certain range for height, width or length.
- Feature – optional weight field – if you enable the weight you will be able to define it for each ecommerce product. Different units are available. You can define it in the ecommerce attributes settings.