Eazy C(omment)F(orm) Captcha adds a captcha with a mathematic exercise to the comment form, preventing bots to spam your comments.
|Author:||Tamás Kiss (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-07-2011|
|Total downloads:||8 415|
Click to start download
Eazy CF Captcha adds a little mathematic exercise to your Comment Forms to prevent Bots from spamming your comments.
You can easily customize the label text for the captcha in the backend of WordPress. Also you can change the HTML Markup if you like.
Now with support for Contact Form 7.
The captcha in the comment form. Also integrating with the standard WordPress Twenty Twenty Theme
The admin settings page
Support for Comment Form 7
Settings in the backend of Comment Form 7
Of course, just go to ‘Settings > Eazy CF Captcha’ menu and there you have an input field, where you can change the text to whatever you want.
- Make a new folder called ‘eazy-cf-captcha’ in your current template folder
- Create a file named ‘captcha.php’
- Copy the content from ‘your-wordress-folder/wp-content/plugins/eazy-cf-captcha/views/public/captcha.php’ and ‘your-wordress-folder/wp-content/plugins/eazy-cf-captcha/views/public/captcha-field.php’ or write your own HTML
- Two variables are available in the template:
$optionsfor all options set in the backend and
$exercise, an array filled with the variables and operators for the exercise (see ‘your-wordress-folder/wp-content/plugins/eazy-cf-captcha/views/public/captcha-field.php’ for usage)
- Add Settings and donate links
- Fix activation / deactivation error
- Add Contact Form 7 Support
- Add more options. You can now make the captcha easier and remove the honeypot field, set a custom error message or remove it from comment forms
- Move settings page to ‘Settings > Eazy CF Captcha’
- Fix compatibility with newest WordPress version
- Shiny new Banner and Icon
- Fixed issues with slashes added on quotes in label field
- Updated author info
- Added possibility to translate the captcha text with WPML
- Fixed direction for translations due to a typing error in the repository name
- Suppressed output of the label tag if label text is empty
- Initial release.