Easy Photo album is a plugin that makes it easy for you to create and manage photo albums.
|Author:||Aubrey Portwood (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.5.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-06-2013|
|Total downloads:||59 988|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
Example of a photo album on Twenty Fourteen
Reorder the photo's with drag and drop.
The settings page of the photo albums.
Example of lightbox display.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
download, upload and install .zip under Plugins > Add New > Upload.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Easy Photo Album to review the default settings.
Q: Where can I find the settings for this plugin?
A: You can find the settings under Settings > Easy Photo Album.
Q: Where can I find information about the current version?
A: Read the about page by visiting the plugins page of your WordPress installation and then click on the “About” link below Easy Photo Album.
Q: I want to add a photo album to the menu. Where can I select the photo albums?
A: You have to check
Photo Albums in the Screen options box under Appearance > Menus
Q: Can I add a description to a photo album?
A: No, you can’t. What you can do is include your album in a post or page with the
epa-album shortcode. Look for the button with the Easy Photo Album icon in the editor.
Q: What is the syntax of the EPA shortcode?
[epa-album id="123" show_title="true" display="full"]
- Here is
123the id of the photo album (you can get the id by editing an album and check the url for
Q: How can I display all the photo albums?
A: When you have enabled permalinks: You can display the photo album archive by visiting
example.com is your WordPress home URL).
When you have NOT enabled permalinks: You can display the photo album archive by visiting
example.com is your WordPress home URL).
Q: The images are small; there is much more space, so how do I display larger images?
A: The image size is default
thumbnail. So choose an other image size (
medium perhaps?) and it should display better. If not, you need to regenerate the images. (for example with this plugin )
Q: Are there any plugins incompatible with Easy Photo Album?
A: So far, there are no reported issues caused by an other plugin. A small notice when you use WP User Frontend: make sure the setting
Show Attachments (under the Others tab) unchecked.
- Fix to up/down toggles when editing a photo album (they now work again)
- A 2-year old plugin with 7000+ gets life again!
- Now works with the latest WordPress 4.5.3!
- Major fixes to missing minified files (previously fixed in 1.3.5 but came back) and WP Media, see [https://goo.gl/Jvz1Ak](this support request)
- Simplified screen for creating Albums so Saving/Publishing is easier to understand
- Fixes to TinyMCE button/modal when no albums were created
- Can now organize Albums into categories called “Shelves,” props @kammak
- Fixed bug: The generated shortcodes on WordPress >= 3.8 don’t control the title display.
- Fixed bug: Insert shortcode with id 0 (#2212)
- Fixed critical bug: the visual editor won’t load.
- Updated: Insert album button for tinymce 4.x
- Updated: Better placeholder while dragging to reorder photos
- WordPress 3.9 compatible
- Video documentation: check it out
- New feature: the revision screen is more human readable.
- New feature: Support for featured image (#2107)
- New feature: Support for comments (#2137)
- New feature: Choose an image size for the ligtbox (reduce download time) (#2138)
- Updated: settings page is now easy and clear.
- WordPress 3.8 compatible
- Fixed bug: Error after deleting last image of an album.
- Fixed bug: Included albums don’t display right when viewed on blog page.
- Fixed bug: Preview changes button shows an empty photo album.
- Fixed bug: Lightbox width isn’t correct resized (#2014)
- Fixed bug: Single album view shows excerpt album when view all images in lightbox is set. (#2162)
- Fixed bug: Error after activation on mutlisite installation (#2100)
- Fixed bug: Images disappear after a bulk action (#2161)
- New settings page: you can now find the settings under
Settings > Easy Photo Album
- New about page: A quick overview of the update and some tips and tricks
- Added minfied versions of ccs and js files. This will cause faster load times
- WordPress 3.7 compatible
- Added French translation by Dan
- Fixed bug: The show caption option doesn’t work.
- Fixed bug: The number of photo’s is limited by the server.
- Fixed bug: The captions are not saved at the right place.
- Fixed bug: Included, not published albums are visible for logged in users
- Fixed bug: When you edit the caption in the media library, the caption in the album isn’t updated
- Fixed bug: update label with the number of photo’s (near the table) when there are photo’s added or removed.
- Fixed bug: When there is a photo with the same id as a valid order, the script breaks.
- New option: You can now to choose to scale the images in the lightbox to the viewport (default on)
- Fixed bug: No message if there are no albums in tinymce editor insert album dialog.
- Security issue fixed: Display included album only if the album is published or the current user has enough rights.
- New option: Display all photo’s in the lightbox (also if the album is displayed as excerpt).
- New feature: help content for the options.
- Fixed bug: 404 error on activation
- New feature: albums are responsive
- New feature: Edit the display settings for each specific album.
- Fixed bug: PHP notices (only if WP_DEBUG is true)
- Fixed bug: view more photo’s link doesn’t work when an album is included.
- Added option to show photo albums in the main query (i.e. the blog page).
- Added feature: insert a album in a post (or page).
- Small bugfixes for WordPress 3.6
- Updated lightbox to version 2.6
- Removed options: displaywidht and displayheight options are removed, because the lightbox now fits the image to the viewport.
- Added options: Options for the label under the lightbox and for displaying the caption column when you edit an album.
- Minor bugfixes
- Updated translations
- Fixed bug: option doesn’t exists after updating to 1.0.5
- Updated: updated the Dutch translation.
- Added: excerpts show also some images (can be set by the user)
- Moved the settings functions from
- Fixed bug: Photo table uses pagination
- Fixed typo: EAP_List_Table => EPA_List_Table
- Fixed bug: the post type menu item isn’t visible after activation.
- Fixed style error: dotted border around images in Firefox