This plugin send a notification to your Slack channel whenever a sale occurs on your Easy Digital Downloads store.
|Author:||Tunbosun Ayinla (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-03-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 004|
Click to start download
- Login to your WordPress Admin area
- Go to “Plugins > Add New” from the left hand menu
- In the search box type “Easy Digital Downloads – Slack Notifications”
- From the search result you will see “Easy Digital Downloads – Slack Notifications” click on “Install Now” to install the plugin
- A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
- Click “Proceed” to continue the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click “Activate Plugin” to activate it.
- Open the settings page for “Easy Digital Downloads” and click the “Slack” tab.
- Configure the “Easy Digital Downloads – Slack Notifications” settings. See details below.
- Download the plugin zip file
- Login to your WordPress Admin. Click on “Plugins > Add New” from the left hand menu.
- Click on the “Upload” option, then click “Choose File” to select the zip file from your computer. Once selected, press “OK” and press the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
* Open the settings page for “Easy Digital Downloads” and click the “Slack” tab.
* Configure the “Easy Digital Downloads – Slack Notifications” settings. See details below.
Configure the plugin
To configure the plugin, go to Easy Digital Downloads > Settings from the left hand menu, then click “Slack” from the top tab.
- Enable Slack Notifications – check the box to enable Easy Digital Downloads – Slack Notifications.
- Channel Name – enter the name of the Channel notifications should be sent to e.g. #edd
- Description – enter the url of the webhook created for the channel above. This can be created here
- Click on Save Changes for the changes you made to be effected.
What Do I Need To Use The Plugin
- You need to have the Easy Digital Downloads plugin installed and activated on your WordPress site
- You need to create Slack channel the notifications will be posted to and also create a Webhook URL for the Channel.
- Fix: Notifications not sent if channel isn’t specified
- New: Move Slack settings to it’s own subsection
- New: Send to a different channel or speficic user
- New: Add support for custom bot name and custom bot icon
- Fix: Remove Slack tab from the Settings page, the plugin setting is now located in the Extensions tab
- Fix: Currency symbol formatting issue
- Fix: Deactivation of plugin when Easy Digital Downloads is updated
- First release