Creates a dynamic gallery of images for latest or featured content posts, categories, pages and Custom Post Type posts.
|Author:||Ade Walker, Studiograsshopper (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.5.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-11-2008|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||326 032|
|Active installs:||8 000+|
Click to start download
This plugin creates a dynamic gallery of images for latest and/or featured content using either the JonDesign SmoothGallery script for mootools, or a custom jQuery script. The plugin dynamically creates the gallery from your latest and/or featured content by either automatically pulling in the first Image Attachment from relevant Posts/Pages, or by specifying image URLs in a DCG Metabox in the Write screen for the relevant Posts/Pages. Additionally, default images can be displayed in the event that Posts/Pages don't have an Image Attachment or manually specified image. A Dashboard Settings page gives access to a comprehensive range of options for populating the gallery and configuring its look and behaviour. The DCG can be added to your theme as a Widget, or by using a template tag.
For best results, make sure that your theme supports Post Thumbnails, introduced in WP 2.9.
Compatible with network-enabled (multisite) WordPress 3.0+, though available plugin options are slightly reduced.Key Features
- Auto Image Management option - automatically pulls in first Image Attachment from relevant Posts/Pages
- Auto Carousel thumbnails, using WP's Post Thumbnail feature.
- New custom jQuery script - now much closer in look and feel to the mootools version
- A choice of 4 different methods for populating the gallery - Multi Option, One Category, ID Method or Custom Post Type.
- Up to 15 gallery images (One Category/Custom Post Type methods), 9 gallery images (Multi Option), or unlimited for ID Method (with custom page Sort Order).
- Provides for a system of default images which will be displayed in the event an image has not been defined.
- Displays the Post/Page title and a user-definable description in the Slide Pane.
- Images can be linked to external URLs.
- Built-in configuration validation checks and error message reporting.
- Valid xhtml output.
- WP Multisite compatible (with some differences in the Settings available to the user).
Comprehensive information on installing, configuring and using the plugin can be found here
All support is handled at the plugin's WordPress.org Support Forum.