Don't Muck My Markup lets you disable all auto-generated HTML markup from your posts and pages on a page-by-page basis.
|Author:||Martyn Chamberlin (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-12-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||31 802|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
- Upload this plugin to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate this plugin.
- Head over to the Edit Post interface for the specific page for which you want to disable WordPress’ auto-formatting.
- In the right sidebar underneath the “Featured Image” box, toggle the checkbox labeled, “Disable auto-formatting for this page/post.”
- Update the page/post.
- To disable formatting across all pages and posts, head over to Tools -> Don’t Muck My Markup.
- Enjoy your newfound control!
- PHP 4 style constructors (methods that have the same name as the class they are defined in) are deprecated in PHP 7, and this update fixes the warning about this that you get when you’ve set
define('WP_DEBUG', true);in your
- Minor wording change on the settings page to clarify the user options
- Tested with latest version of WordPress, v4.6.1
- Added the full opening to <?php tags to accommodate old servers.
- Tested with latest version of WordPress, v4.4.2
- Adding a new feature that allows users to disable auto formatting across their entire site with the click of a button.
- Updated function as static in main file.
- Checked for is_post() before getting post ID to determine if a given page load should be un-mucked or not.
- Update the description because parts of it were sounding a little archaic.
- Discovered that autosaving was what messed everything up. When a post autosaves, custom meta boxes get reset unless you provision this. Finally bug free.
- Added white space so that checked=”checked” should no longer be buggy