Build amazing websites powered by Places. Built for tourism offices, tour operators and other Destination Marketing Organizations.
|Author:||2464420 Ontario Inc. (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-03-2017|
Click to start download
Sample Places post with TwentySeventeen theme.
Sample Places post in WordPress administration area.
New Places post type.banner-772x250
For installation instructions, check out our 10 Minute Quick Start Guide
- Redesigned map marker callout windows contain a richer display of information, including a bolder heading and a Featured Image, if one is present.
- You can now request driving directions to any Place (walking directions coming soon) from the new marker callout windows. Requires Google Maps Directions API to be enabled in your Google Developers Console. Subject to Google Maps Directions API rate limits. This feature is off by default but can be activated with the new [dmo-map] shortcode parameter show-directions.
- Improved geolocation services: map now dims while location or directions are being retrieved and displays a status message.
- All map outputs (i.e. status messages, error messages) now have corresponding translation string coverage.
- Added 3 new dmo-map shortcode options: show-directions, show-google-link and show-post-thumbnail to support new map features.
- Added WordPress REST API support to Places post type, Place Categories taxonomy and Place Features taxonomy.
- Places can now have an icon/symbol association. This symbol can be used on map markers or in other theme locations. Choose from 175 location-oriented map icons.
- New SVG-based map markers with more styling/theming options.
- New dark map theme: Midnight
- New [dmo-map] shortcode parameters: marker-stroke-weight, marker-stroke-color, marker-stroke-opacity, marker-fill-color, marker-fill-opacity, marker-label-color, and marker-svg-path.
- Several minor improvements and bug fixes.
- A new inline weather widget and shortcode that integrates with the OpenWeatherMaps API service. Display current weather conditions for your destination just about anywhere, including Revolution Slider panels.
- All shortcodes are now integrated with Visual Composer, a popular WordPress layout manager.
- Settings for DMOPress can now be managed on the ‘classic’ settings page (Settings > DMOPress) as well as in the WordPress Customizer.
- Improved installation experience via automatic refresh of permalinks upon activation.
- The DMOPress WordPress Plugin is now FREE and open source. Follow us on Github.
- DMOPress now works with all WordPress themes!
- Create beautifully styled maps with 6 gorgeous new map themes.
- All Places now have embedded JSON-LD Schema.org metadata for richer search engine indexing and enhanced discoverability.
- Leverage reviews and ratings from the most popular travel website in the world with 6 new TripAdvisor widgets.
- DMOPress now integrates with the popular The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro plugins. Replaces the default Venue field with a selection of your Places for a seamless event management experience.
- Built-in geocoding service converts addresses into map coordinates with a single click.
- DMOPress is now fully translation-ready and WPML compatible.
- Introduction of designer and developer API with 22 thoroughly documented functions.
- All DMOPress templates can be easily customized in parent and child themes with template inheritance.
- Detailed online documentation for users, theme designers and developers.
- Numerous behind-the-scenes improvements to stabilize the core API and adhere to WordPress best practices.
- Initial release.