A plugin to disable the blog functionality of WordPress (by hiding, removing, and redirecting).
|Author:||Joshua Nelson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-12-2014|
|Total downloads:||17 259|
|Active installs:||4 000+|
Click to start download
Why Not Disable Comments Entirely? This could be done, but other post types (like Pages) may have comment support. If you would like to disable comments, try the Disable Comments plugin.
I want to delete my posts and comments. Deactivate the plugin, delete your posts (which will delete related comments), and delete any tags or categories you might want to remove as well. Then reactivate the plugin to hide everything.
- Fix fatal error conflict with WooCommerce versions older than 2.6.3 (props to @Mahjouba91 for the heads up), no returns an array of comments in the filter for those older WooCommerce versions.
- Add de/activation hooks to clear comment caches
- Cleanup comment count functions.
- Disable the REST API for ‘post’ post type. Props to @shawnhooper.
- Fix unintended redirect for custom admin pages under tools.php. Props to @greatislander for the catch.
A bunch of stuff:
- Refactor code to match WP Plugin Boilerplate structure, including:
- Move hooks and filters into loader class.
- Separate Admin and Public hooks.
- Add support for internationalization.
- Expanded inline documentation.
- Add another failsafe for potential redirect loops.
- Disable comments feed only if ‘post’ is only type shown.
- Hide/redirect discussion options page if ‘post’ is the only post type supporting it (typically supported by pages).
- Filter comment counts to remove comments associated with ‘post’ post type.
- Add $is_comment_feed variable to disable feed filters.
- Remove feed link from front end (for WP >= 4.4.0), remove comment feed link if ‘post’ is the only post type supporting comments.
- Hide options in Reading Settings page related to posts (shows front page and search engine options only now), previously it was hiding everything on this page (bugfix!).
- Fix show_on_front pages: now, if it’s set to ‘posts’ it will set the blog page to value 0 (not a valid option) and set the front page to value 1.
- Add uninstall.php to remove plugin version saved in options table on uninstall.
- Weird issue with svn, same as 0.3.2
- Fix potential loop issue with
home_urlin redirection function
- Fix custom taxonomy save redirect (used to redirect to dashboard, now it saves correctly)
- Add WordPress readme.txt
- Singleton Class
- Clean up documentation
- Add filters
- Remove ‘post’ post type from most queries
- Change disable feed functionality to a redirect instead of die message
- Refine admin redirects
- Add redirects for Single Posts, Post Archives, Tag & Category archives to home page (the latter two are only redirected if ‘post’ post type is the only post type associated with it)
- Filter out the ‘post’ post type from ‘Comments’ admin page
- Remove Post from ‘+New’ admin bar menu
- Hide number of posts and comment count on Activity dashboard widget
- Remove ‘Writing’ Options from Settings Menu
- Redirect ‘Writing’ Options to General Options
- Hide ‘Posts’ options on ‘Menus’ admin page
- Remove Post Related Widgets
- Disable “Press This” functionality
- Disable “Post By Email” functionality
- Force Reading Settings: show_on_front, pages_for_posts, and posts_on_front, if they are not already set
- Hide other post-related reading options, except Search Engine Visibility