An easy way to share designs with clients and colleagues for feedback and review.
|Author:||Cycles (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.6.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-06-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||6 235|
Click to start download
Clients leave feedback directly on the design
Clients approve designs with their digital signature
Password protect your designs to protect client privacy
View feedback and approvals directly on the design or in aggregate, plus email invites and comment/approval notifications
Thank you for installing and using Design Feedback & Approvals. If you’re having trouble and can’t find a solution below, please create a support topic (link below). We closely monitor and will respond as soon as possible.
For other issues, questions, suggestions, feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get started?
Once you’ve installed the plugin, sharing designs with clients is easy. Go to ‘Cycles’ in the sidebar, and click add new (
Design Feedback > Add New). Give your design a name (clients will see this) and add an image. You can optionally adjust the share URL to make it more client friendly. Finally, click “save” and you’re ready to share and receive feedback.
Do clients need to register an account?
No! Your clients need only open your URL in a browser to begin leaving feedback.
What kind of images are supported?
Design Feedback works with most image types supported by WordPress, such as JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
What kind of designs can I share?
We produced this plugin to help you share anything where you need someone else’s opinion. Use it to get feedback on designs like:
- Site maps
- Stock photography selections
- Mood boards
How do I get more help?
If you encounter a technical issue, please use the Support Forum.
October 30th, 2016
- New: Renamed to Design Feedback & Approvals
- Removed: Cycles branding on intro screen
- Tested: 4.6.1
July 26th, 2016
- New: Invite users via email to view designs
- New: Receive notifications for new comments
- New: Receive notifications for approvals
- Enhanced: Design list includes approval status and comment count
- Fixed: Date/Time changed from UTC to “local time” as defined by your WordPress settings
- Tested: 4.5.3
December 29th, 2015
- Enhanced: Clients can view approval details on designs by hovering over the approval button
- Enhanced: Approval confirmation dialog look and feel
- Enhanced: Cycles CSS no longer loads on non-design posts
- Enhanced: How Cycles saves feedback when designs by more one clients
- Fixed: feedback dialog display overlap bug for very small image designs (like logos)
- Fixed: A bug allowing feedback on some approved designs
- Tested: 4.4
November 30th, 2015
- New: Enable approvals on your design so your clients complete the feedback process and move to the next phase.
- New: Custom slug (in Cycles > Settings) for fully customizable URLs
November 10th, 2015
- Enhanced: Now load all external scripts via HTTPS
- Fixed: Issue with saving comments containing special characters
- Fixed: Issue with images saved to design posts
November 8th, 2015
- Enhanced: Feedback name is pre-populated for faster commenting
- Enhanced: Better open/close click behavior when viewing comments
- Enhanced: Cycles now updates comment numbers when another comment is deleted
- Fixed: Bug with “inverted” feedback on the edge of some designs
- Fixed: Image loading animation appears before image begins to load
- Fixed: Removed superfluous styling on the comment box that’d appear in some browsers
- Fixed: Better admin-side handling of special characters left in comments
- Fixed: Comment count column formatting
September 27th, 2015
- New: Redesigned loading and design presentation and layout, so your mockups look their best
- New: Help section for frequently asked questions
- Enhanced: Responsive Mockups that scale down on smaller screens.
- Fixed: Feedback dot positioning when browser is resized
- New: Feedback code rewrite and redesign, so leaving feedback is faster and more intuitive
- New: View state for feedback
- New: Users can delete feedback
- Enhanced: Feedback dialog stays visible when opened on the far right of a mockups
- Tested: Compatible with WordPress 4.3.1
- Tested: Compatible with WordPress 4.3
- Enhanced: View and edit comments without loading delays
- New: Privacy and password protection options
- Enhanced: Changed URL prefix from ‘design-feedback’ to ‘cycles.’
- Enhanced: Better styling on share dialog
- Enhanced: Removed unnecessary code and files
- Enhanced: Limit other plugin metaboxes from Add/Edit design screen
- New Name: Design Feedback is now called Cycles.
- Enhanced: Feedback dialog has cleaner styling
- Fixed: Comment formatting now works with line breaks and most special characters
- Fixed: Browser resizing disabled for uploaded images
- New: Initial plugin release!
- New: Upload and share designs with anyone (like your clients)
- New: Clients leave feedback directly on your designs so you know exactly what they’re talking about